Make a donation

Author Topic: ed30, same engine internals as Normal gti  (Read 30450 times)

Offline jonnyc

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
Re: ed30, same engine internals as Normal gti
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 11:40:20 am »
Does the ED30 have the same fuel pump as a normal GTI?

I experience falling fuel pressure when I put the boost up on my Revo, as the OEM fuel pump can't cope.

But I don't recall hearing that ED30's experience the same issues????

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

Just posted this in the other thread too but basically the fuel pumps on the K03 and K04 engines are the same. The reason the K04 cars cope is becuase the requested fuel at very low revs (with the K03 turbo when tuned) is very high, and more than the fuel pump can cope with.

The K04 does not have this characteristic, we all know that the fuel pump can deliver much more fuel at higher revs, due to the fact that it is driven off the cam, more speed, more fuel.. So because the K04 produces more grunt a touch higher in the rev range, you will be able to make far more power and torque without needing the fuel pump.

Hopefully that makes sense..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2009, 11:42:23 am »
Lol, just replied in the other thread. Thanks again, makes perfect sense now  :happy2:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline JonnyG

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • Golf R
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2009, 08:09:15 pm »
TT's views are also in this thread, if anyone has'nt seen it   :ashamed: :embarrassed:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=103606.50
Golf R, 5dr, DSG, March 2010, Rising Blue, 19" Talladegas, Cruise

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2009, 08:13:41 pm »
TT's views are also in this thread, if anyone has'nt seen it   :ashamed: :embarrassed:

oh that thread!! :scared: :smiley:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2009, 08:23:55 pm »
TT's views are also in this thread, if anyone has'nt seen it   :ashamed: :embarrassed:

oh that thread!! :scared: :smiley:

It's Ok Steve your safe here  :wink: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2009, 11:02:57 am »
Im sure Robin can find it as i cannot remember were i posted it now  :rolleye: but i did ages ago go through ETKA and list all the differences with part numbers just before the edition30 came out.
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2009, 11:48:47 am »
^^^^
Thanks Geoff! Yes, I remember it but finding it is quite a different matter!! :laugh:

Unfortunately there is so much conflicting info about this subject but it's not unreasonable to assume that ETKA may be right. Is it possible that ETKA info changed after the Ed30 came out? Some who have actually stripped both engines seem to disagree with some of the stated differences. Don't ask me who - It's a minefield!

Bottom line is, does it really matter? - I suppose it does if you are wanting to squeeze out the max power etc.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 11:53:10 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2009, 11:56:47 am »
Does the ED30 have the same fuel pump as a normal GTI?

I experience falling fuel pressure when I put the boost up on my Revo, as the OEM fuel pump can't cope.

But I don't recall hearing that ED30's experience the same issues????

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

I had those issues when going up to Stage 2 Revo with my Ed30 - could have ran with the OEM pump, but would have had to run with retarded settings, so I went with the APR pump.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2009, 12:01:50 pm »
Honestly, K04 on a K03 engine is safe

Jonny

Revo have there demo TT running an Edition 30 K04 turbo set up, thats a demo car, being ran to the max on a daily basis, not only is it extremely fast, but also has ran with no problems what so ever.

Revo offer the stage 3 software for K04 conversions on 200hp 2.0T FSI engines.. Its a simple yet massively effective mod for the 200hp cars!

Jonny

....Also, VWR/RacingLine's 300R demo GTI is running K04 on a K03 engine and delivers in the region of 330 bhp. It has various mods though and a custom Superchips remap AFAIK.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline DanGB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 12
  • Different
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2009, 12:03:55 pm »
As said before, its safe, I was running 380-385 on the 197hp rods. They aint the strongest, but they are pretty good. I did bend a rod, but thats a different matter lol. Its torque and bad tuning that will break them  :smiley:
Seat Leon Mk2 TFSI sport 4WD sleeper - Breaking
Buld thread: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45377.0.html

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2009, 12:17:25 pm »
Bottom line is, does it really matter?
You have to ask yourself, why would a company go to the added expense and upset its bottom line if it did not matter? You also have to think maybe it only matters in countries with a 40-degree ambient temp etc. They don't just make it for UK weather lol. Theres just so many questions to ask. lol.
You also have to ask who evaluated the differences and came to the conclusion they were the same. What scientific methods did they use? How in-depth did they go? etc etc etc
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 12:23:27 pm by Snoopy »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2009, 12:30:16 pm »
Bottom line is, does it really matter?
You have to ask yourself, why would a company go to the added expense and upset its bottom line if it did not matter? You also have to think maybe it only matters in countries with a 40-degree ambient temp etc. They don't just make it for UK weather lol. Theres just so many questions to ask. lol.
You also have to ask who evaluated the differences and came to the conclusion they were the same. What scientific methods did they use? How in-depth did they go? etc etc etc

....You're absolutely right, Geoff.

My comment was somewhat flippant ('tis my mood this morning) and was meant to mean whether it mattered to those in the UK who weren't seeking to heavily increase their GTI/Ed30's performance.

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2009, 01:29:06 pm »
I guessed that, its my writing style it can sound abit agressive, its not ment too mate sorry.  :drinking:

Anyone got the Edition 30 and/or pirelli's engine code handy?

I hate all this linking between different forums i thought that link above without reading it properly was just linking to another post on here. I screwed my cookies up again. :sad:

« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 04:12:30 pm by Snoopy »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2009, 02:08:38 pm »
^^^^
No, your posted questions are entirely valid and furthermore serve to possibly educate others as to why there can be differences - Very much the subject of this thread. :drinking:

I'm used to your style of writing, Geoff, and we've all had to read far more 'aggressive' posts from others on a number of forums. Fortunately this forum works very hard to keep the peace.

:grouphug:

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2009, 06:07:28 pm »
I guessed that, its my writing style it can sound abit agressive, its not ment too mate sorry.  :drinking:

Anyone got the Edition 30 and/or pirelli's engine code handy?

I hate all this linking between different forums i thought that link above without reading it properly was just linking to another post on here. I screwed my cookies up again. :sad:

BYD

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!