Make a donation

Author Topic: Front Centre Vents - Help!  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Simebaby

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
Front Centre Vents - Help!
« on: September 19, 2010, 10:30:57 am »
Hi All

I've managed to dismember my front centre console vents whilst investigating a rattle. The principle of putting them back together seems fairly straightforward, but does anyone know which order the lats go back in? The only obvious one is the middle one with the adjuster on it, but I've re-assembled the passenger side vent and it looks "wrong", so I'm guessing I've got the lats in the wrong order. I've had a look for any exploded diagrams or anything with part numbers on but I've drawn a blank so far.

TIA

Si.

Offline Simebaby

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Front Centre Vents - Help!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 09:06:09 am »
Bump - anyone?  :smiley:

Offline TonyZed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 01:58:48 pm »
Hi All

I've managed to dismember my front centre console vents whilst investigating a rattle. The principle of putting them back together seems fairly straightforward, but does anyone know which order the lats go back in? The only obvious one is the middle one with the adjuster on it, but I've re-assembled the passenger side vent and it looks "wrong", so I'm guessing I've got the lats in the wrong order. I've had a look for any exploded diagrams or anything with part numbers on but I've drawn a blank so far.

TIA

Si.

Hi Si

I don't think you'll find instructions anywhere, at least I didn't find any.
It's trial and error I'm afraid. It took me bloody ages after I ended up with bits all over the floor.
It makes you much more careful next time you take the vents out. :scared:

Good luck :happy2:

TonyZ

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 08:00:57 am »
Replacement as a whole is about £42 from stealers. I haven't dismantled the upper unit just replaced the whole upper and lower sections to replace a badly painted console (silver).