Make a donation

Author Topic: Leathers  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Leathers
« on: September 23, 2010, 10:44:01 am »
Was just browsing, are there three leather trim types for the MK5's?

Standard - Small little head rests?

GTI -Deeper side, tall head rests?

R32 - Full on race seat?

Many thanks
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
Re: Leathers
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 11:06:55 am »
My trim :(

This is the GTI trim I think

R32

Is this the main 3? or are the others
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 11:09:04 am »
I'm not so sure about the Pirelli but don't forget the Edition 30 has half-leather seats. The GTI had the option of Recaro seats which are in your R32 pic above.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 11:12:35 am »
The Pirelli has half leather seats too.  :smiley:
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 11:17:11 am »
any pics of these?

My main question is more the shape-the first one (don't mean it to sound bad) are the entry level seats? not as bulky/or hugging as the GTI's etc.?

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 11:19:29 am »
Just found the Pirelli - same shape as the GTI's

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 11:20:08 am »
My main question is more the shape-the first one (don't mean it to sound bad) are the entry level seats? not as bulky/or hugging as the GTI's etc.?

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 11:36:50 am »
your kin of right, the first are non-sport leather seats, as would have come in a non GT GTI golf with leather spec.  The second are the standard GTI GT or R32 seats, they come in cloth, leather, half leather (ED30) and pirelli spec, the third are the Recaro buckets they are an option on GTi and R32 they aren't a standard option and are very rare, more so in cloth than leather.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 11:50:33 am »
 Cool, thank you.

So, whats an average price for the standard leathers?

How price for GTi's ?

Guessing R32 Rec's are hard to get? Did see some cloth ones for sale, little worn - £1200, this good?

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 12:29:20 pm »
Recaro cloths are as rare as rocking horse poo.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 12:32:20 pm »
Found some £1200 dude for cloth, plus my interior. that good

just don't think they are as firm/good as the gti :( need a change I think :( is this bad? as I have never tried the gti seats yet? but they look like they would feel better.

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 01:03:20 pm »
Found some £1200 dude for cloth, plus my interior. that good

just don't think they are as firm/good as the gti :( need a change I think :( is this bad? as I have never tried the gti seats yet? but they look like they would feel better.

The GTI seats hugs you very well for spirited driving on the road but for track or the Ring they feel like you are skating around in them, then proper buckets are needed.  :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 01:45:42 pm »
Cool.

Whats a fair price for a seat of GTi leathers?

and what do you think a fair price for the std leathers, ones I have?