Make a donation

Author Topic: Been offered a US front bumper  (Read 2348 times)

Offline big al

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
Been offered a US front bumper
« on: October 01, 2010, 07:14:12 pm »
As title says, been offered one for next to nothing, should I bother? as I would need to get it painted reflex silver, and then fit all the parts back on, Lights, vents, grille etc, and need to buy some bumper markers for it (not sure if I would bother wiring them up straight away Just put them in for the look)

What do you guys think? My bumper has the odd scrape and scratch so will prob need touching up soon. Buying this one eliminates the need for that, and look pretty cool in my opinion. What do you think?

Would there be much demand from people to buy my old one off me? Looked on e bay but they are mostly complete fronts, not just the bumper, though I suppose good for someone doing a Golf to GTI conversion maybe?

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
Re: Been offered a US front bumper
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 08:06:00 pm »
TBH  If you need to spray the U.S anyway you would be better off spraying your original I reckon mate. If you did get it, I am sure you could sell yours on ebay as most are cracked/damaged. The US bumpers also have those ugly side reflectors  :sick:  They could be what he means by bumper markers?

Just get the U.S one cheap and sell that one on ebay  :wink:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 10:45:26 pm »
The U.S ones look pance in my opinion, the side markers just spoil the nice lines and curves. What is it you like about it to go through all that bother.  :smiley:

Offline big al

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 10:53:48 pm »
The U.S ones look pance in my opinion, the side markers just spoil the nice lines and curves. What is it you like about it to go through all that bother.  :smiley:

Think it's probably just a case of wanting what we don't have. Same as I like the US rear, and that is just a smaller number plate recess.
Not sure what it is about the markers that I like, again, probably just something to be a bit different, (though I seem to be doing an OK job at that at the moment!)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 10:58:42 pm »

Think it's probably just a case of wanting what we don't have. Same as I like the US rear, and that is just a smaller number plate recess.
Not sure what it is about the markers that I like, again, probably just something to be a bit different, (though I seem to be doing an OK job at that at the moment!)

Don't want to teach you how to suck eggs, but moddin the car is far easier, cheaper and more successful when you start off with a overall plan and look and an idea of what your finished car will look like. Its very expensive to do it buy just buying whatever takes your fancy.  :laugh:

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 11:08:45 am »
@big al, how much you being offered the US bumper for? I keep toying with the idea of getting one as I really like the orange sidemarkers and think they'd look ace on laser blue (also my local VW bodyshop know my paint match...)

Offline big al

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 11:57:28 am »
Was offered it for £70,
But decided against it, thanks to Topcats words of wisdom, think he has sold it now though.

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 01:31:05 pm »
us bumper =  :sick:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,