Make a donation

Author Topic: VCDS - Or is it?  (Read 3300 times)

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
Re: VCDS - Or is it?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 05:13:27 pm »
Ross Tech do an awesome job and are about on most forums to answer questions Dana and Uwe do there best for there customers. Your paying for there service(updates and advice) for has long has you own the cable and to me the price is nothing...compared to say getting a foreign copied one and damaging your car :fighting:

Buy a genuine cable and support there years of R&D you won't be disapointed.

Darren :happy2:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 05:21:04 pm »
If it's not Ross Tech software then who knows what else it is introducing to your PC.  :scared:

Offline billy2shots

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 06:21:23 pm »
Not going into the rights and wrongs of it but i bought this a couple of months back. I wanted to code my Fiscon Bluetooth unit into my car (58 Pirelli) and change some settings on my dads (10 Caddy). Couldnt even consider paying the price Ross Tech ask to do a couple of quick jobs. My cable works fine for the two cars changing a few things and resetting service indicater etc.

h4rdy

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 06:35:01 pm »
Thing is, rightly or wrongly, this has just advertised this quite nicely and a lot of people won't admit it but I will bet they read this and bought it.

DomT summed it up with the vicious circle thing.

If you want to do a couple of jobs and nobody with VCDS is near you then I don't know, very tempting.

VCDS is a lot of money to sit in the draw 98% of the time.

Luckily my independent VW guy has VCDS and does most things for me as a favour and told me not to dare buy anything as I can just borrow his.

But not everyone is blessed with this.

J

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 06:40:57 pm »
This made me laugh -

Due to the high number of  fraudulent transactions we have had in the last few months

If selling someone a moody VCDS cable isn't fraudulent I dunno what is!
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 07:08:49 pm »
i bought my real vcds quite cheap some im more than happy with the 'Real Deal'

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 07:32:54 pm »
For the record I'm not buying this - but it is one of the top links when you google VCDS cable (in fact the first link that isn't ebay / a forum link).  Now I smelled a little bit of a rat but the fact that its so well presented, blatent, and a fair chunk of money (for a hookey cable at least) makes you stop and think if it is actually legitimate (I did).

I totally agree with the point that someones blood sweat and tears has gone into the genuine product and its morally unfair to support someone ripping that off.  However many will buy this without questioning it and to be honest you can't blame them for being taken in.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant