Make a donation

Author Topic: Exhaust dirty ends???  (Read 12290 times)

Offline TagnuT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
Re: Exhaust dirty ends???
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2010, 06:48:36 pm »
A wipe with WD40 gets the worst of the crud off and then a polish with Autosol  :happy2:
If you keep your ends clean you don't have to do it that often.
Bye Bye Edition 30.

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2010, 09:34:35 am »
A wipe with WD40 gets the worst of the crud off and then a polish with Autosol  :happy2:
I have found that the GTI ends get very dirty, very quickly. Most of my other cars have been fairly easy to keep the tail pipes clean, but my GTI seems to be almost impossible to keep them silver. Two days after polishing them up, they're black again  :sad1:

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2010, 10:09:05 am »
I have found that the GTI ends get very dirty, very quickly. Most of my other cars have been fairly easy to keep the tail pipes clean, but my GTI seems to be almost impossible to keep them silver. Two days after polishing them up, they're black again  :sad1:

Hopefully not for much longer ay Garth??! Im not looking forward to puting my gti rear box and valance on  my gt tdi just think how dirty they'll be!!
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2010, 10:20:03 am »
Hopefully not for much longer ay Garth??! Im not looking forward to puting my gti rear box and valance on  my gt tdi just think how dirty they'll be!!
You'll just have to make polishing them part of your daily routine  :grin:
I only have to polish mine once more since the car is no longer driven. It's just sitting on the driveway getting cleaner and cleaner each day  :P

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2010, 10:24:46 am »
Thanks for the kind advice Garth!  :fighting:  :grin:

Hope you get rid soon enough mate. She is a beauty and at a fair price.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators