Make a donation

Author Topic: Costco damaged my alloys.  (Read 9493 times)

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
Costco damaged my alloys.
« on: October 17, 2010, 11:06:01 pm »
Last Monday went to Costco to get the fronts tyres that I bought 2 months ago when they were doing a 20% discount for 4 tyres. Arrived early it was empty good I thought so got served straight away so I went to get a bite and a hot drink.
I returned not long and watched them swap the tyres over in the waiting room,I noticed that they had trouble fitting one of the tyres but didn't take much notice and after half an hour it was ready.

It was driven out  by the fitter and being myself I had a good look at the alloys for any damage but it was covered in that white residual all over and it didn't seem to any damage so I headed home.

Today I gave the car a wash and to my disgust the wheel they were having greif with had marks all over the rim as if they had used a tyre lever bar and other scuff marks around the alloy,I know for one thing the alloys are totally unmarked before I went to Costco.

I rang Costco up straight away but no answer so I called the to speak to the general manager but his not about so the reception took my number and said will call me back.To my surprise the assistant manager rung and asked me to pop in so they can see the damage.

What chances of me getting them to pay for an new alloy wheel or anything at all?

gtlee. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: Costco damaged my alloys.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 11:13:38 pm »
They fooked 2 of mine up.

I had 4 tyres fitted by them in Reading, cleaned the car that night as the wheels were covered in sh*te, Superchips RR day and calledin on the way home. They said I should go and get quotes for 2 wheels and come back.

My mate does this for a living so he sent me a quote which I presented to them. They gave me some sh*te but eventually paid me out in cash on the day. Said they were going to mark my Costco card for proof that I had the work done but nothing.

Now I buy my tyres there but let anyone else fit them as they are fookin stupid. :fighting:

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 11:29:43 pm »
Hedge,

Thanks for the reply,I'm glad you got yours repaired but how did you prove it was them that f*ck up your alloys,need the ammo ready tommorrow so I can argue my case.
I noticed the damaged parts of the alloy wheel have identical width so maybe thats my evidence against them as the scuffs were caused by one object their F*uckin tyre lever.

I will update when I get it.
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 11:38:13 pm »
I had the exact same marks on 2 of my wheels caused by their tools.

To be honest they looked a bit bemused but I soon focused them. :laugh:

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 12:01:43 am »
I'll take some photos of the damaged alloy wheel tomorrow.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 01:47:07 am »
they need shooting :fighting: with the modern tyre machine i don't know how they managed it

Offline Felix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 11:57:37 am »
Sorry to hear that. Local VW dealer did the same thing to me - thought it was odd that after a service incl. two new front tyres that they had washed the car except for the alloys, which still had that white stuff round the rim. At home I washed them to fing it scratched all round the alloy. They had to order a brand new alloy wheel  :surprised: This place should fix it for you.
300hp Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 04:01:10 pm »
UPDATE:

I went to Costco this morning and spoke to the guy who did my alloy damage,he came out to have alook whilst I maintained that they were faultless before tyre change.About 10 mins of huffing about he decided to get the supervisor who first of all was a right prat when he opened his gob.
I basically repeated to him what was said to the tyre fitter and said I'm not a happy bunny and want something done,the 1st guy started to make accusations that the scuff marks were my doing(lying out of his teeth probably trying save his job)that I kerbed it,this went on for awhile but no way was I backing down so he gets the manager who comes out and guess what after another 10 mins......I don't beleive my fitter did this cos the equipment won't allow them to work any other way.

By this time I was fuming and said sort it out or I will get evidence that it was tyre fitter at fault and will be back,he then responds by saying he will give me a ring back on Wednesday.

I'm not sure what outcome this will result in but heh I only went in for some new tyres and not for some damage to them.

Keep you guys posted.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 05:45:59 pm »
get some pics up if poss...the tyre machine is only good has the person that is using it,if its set to near and to low it will scratch them..

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 05:58:22 pm »
There are scuff marks where the idiot used a tyre bar to lever the tyre on resting on the wheel rather than on the tyre machine,I pointed out the marks are of the same width as their tyre lever bar so rules out the question of kerbing.F*ckin w*nkers!!!!!!!!

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 08:06:15 pm »
do they have CCTV in their service area?

maybe u can ask to see that to prove they did use a lever instead of the machine?

what tyres did u have on the alloys btw before the change?

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 10:29:07 pm »
I wondered that about the cctv might have to ask the bastewards, I had Michelin pilot 2 and they had 20% off the pilot 3 thats what they were trying to fit.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 12:42:14 pm »
Here are the pics showing the damage.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 12:44:54 pm »
In my case the marks were about an inch long on each wheel inside the rim protector.

Information like that can only help your case.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2010, 01:05:21 pm »
Thats what I noted btw I called costco up about if they had CCTV no luck they're not installed.

I had argued that the damaged was caused by a uniform piece of equipment the tyre lever,wednesday they said will give me an answer.