Make a donation

Author Topic: Clutch slipping, trying to sell car  (Read 1199 times)

Offline jimmyca69

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Clutch slipping, trying to sell car
« on: October 29, 2010, 10:03:10 pm »
Not a GTI but my Honda Civic diesel, apparently its very common on the diesels  :scared:

Well was in process of selling this, luckily didnt have anyone else find this in a viewing (id look a right tit then) but appeared this morning on way to work. Only in high gears at full throttle at low revs does it show but having researched it today and done some tests its the common fault with them there is even a service bulletin. Shame mine is now 73k and 2 months out of warranty :(

Anyway have contacted Honda and they do a new clutch inc fitting for £575 under Honda Happiness. I have booked it in for its 75k service and the new clutch on 15th November.

I am looking at trying to sell it in the meantime as a few GTI's have come up that im going to view and be nice to have the money towards them. I have dropped the price accordingly (from 7495 to 6500 no offers) to see if any interest in the meantime.

Is it worth doing this? Personallly if i was interested i might wait until work done and pay extra then again potentially someone with contacts or a mechanic etc who could cut the costs of fitting a new clutch may see it as a worthwhile deal?

Just gauging other peoples opinions - the only place id pay to advertise it is probably ebay, ive stuck it on PH and adtrader - but before paying for it to go on eBay would like any opinions if worth it.

thanks
James
53 Plate Audi S4 4.2 V8

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: Clutch slipping, trying to sell car
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 10:58:53 pm »
Personally, I'd never put 'no offers' in an advert - it just makes you look TOOO inflexible.  Someone might want it, but for say £50 less - but may be put off.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline jimmyca69

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Clutch slipping, trying to sell car
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 10:12:38 am »
Personally, I'd never put 'no offers' in an advert - it just makes you look TOOO inflexible.  Someone might want it, but for say £50 less - but may be put off.

Good point  :happy2: may revert to ovno
53 Plate Audi S4 4.2 V8