Make a donation

Author Topic: Dsg gear knob ekta request  (Read 1174 times)

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
Dsg gear knob ekta request
« on: November 01, 2010, 12:43:51 pm »
I recently replaced my dsg gear knob with an ed30 one from ebay.  all fitted and ok however does anyone know if the parts of the dsg gear knob can be obtained separately.

Both my original and the Ed 30 one have worn on the chrome shiny plastic bit that surrounds the switch on the lever.  This comes off easily enough however I'd like to freshen it up a bit.

Is there an exploded diagram on ekta or something that will highlight the part number?

Or is it unlikely that you can replace such parts? Cant imagine it costs much if it is available.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:00:43 pm by no golf clubs at all »

Offline billstein9

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Dsg gear knob ekta request
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 11:10:03 pm »
This isn't exactly the answer you was wanting however it is an option/solution. If you can't find the part sold seperatley or you want something that should be cheaper and last longer why no try chrome/mirror effect vinyl? It's easy to apply and should last along time. Hope this helps:-)

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 11:30:28 pm »
Actually I didn't consider a touch up! Doh!  :happy2:

I will try to find something.... Cheers.

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=421n1r35j1c7019f4299hoka23&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 11:47:10 pm »
IIRC the gearknob is circa 200-300 quid brand new!!  :stupid:

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 07:15:02 am »
Yes. I only need the small plastic trim that surrounds the button. It's dechromed and needs tidying up. Chrome paint may be the way to go. I got an ed30 dsg gear knob gaitor and handbrake lever cover on fleabay for £51.  :drinking:

If someone has access to ECTA they could advise if the part is available separately.

The dsg gear lever comes apart there's a chromed metal strip at the front (says dsg on), but the bit I'm looking for is the plastic rectangular button surround, like the metal part above it just clips in place.