Make a donation

Author Topic: Attempted heating seat wiring loom... Disaster struck!  (Read 18542 times)

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Attempted heating seat wiring loom... Disaster struck!
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 10:13:39 pm »
Yes Stu but Shaun has the mighty 30a is in fuse slot 37 which is the right one.

As is mine, its the others I was really referring to mate. But Shaun you do need to move the 'thin grey wire' out of 34 and put it on a 5a fuse.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 10:18:58 pm by apollo13 »
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 10:25:03 pm »
Do you think by moving it from 34 and putting it on a 5a it may solve it?

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 10:32:12 pm »
Im not saying it will solve it but it needs to be moved!

You need to follow the diagram link i sent you unless the fuse positions stated are already taken up (like they were on mine but i had many more wires to terminate).

I just hope nothing is damaged mate, If you look at the diagram you can test the pins in the connectors under the seats to see if youve got 12v pins 4 and 10 on the drivers and 10 on the passenger.

Also check the wire that goes to pin 12 on the climate panel has got 12v

****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 10:37:41 pm »
I lied it uses a terminal 15 supply. Switched positive behind battery (output contact from ignition/starter switch)

Ok here are some connections for a 2005 MY Golf with Seat Heating -

Fuse 37 is the 30a supply.  This is fed to pin 5 of the plug under the drivers seat T6g and pin 5 of the plug under the passenger seat T6f which connects to the heated seat controllers.

Fuse 4 is a 5a supply.  This is fed to pin 1 of the plug under the drivers seat T6g and pin 1 of the plug under the passenger seat T6f which connects to the heated seat controllers.

Both of these appear to be via 10 pin connectors T10a and T10b respectively, under the seats.  Do you have 4 pin connectors (T4l)?  These appear to take care of the ground side of things.

T6g/4 and t6f/4 is a ground from the seat control unit

Did you get instructions from Kufatec?

Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 11:03:31 pm »
Cheers Stu, My seats were 2005 and the wiring set up is different to the 2007 and later as shown here

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_y2Yifl1vjns/S4NPnf8QwLI/AAAAAAAAD2E/LniPqs0x2hE/s1600-h/Heated+Seats.jpg

These instructions arnt from kufatec but are much easier to understand IMO than the kufatec ones.

I think Shaun has it sorted now but Ill leave that down to him to tell everyone about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :grin:

Sorry mate had to say something!

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2010, 11:04:07 pm »
I would just like to add...

I don't mind self nominating myself for the forum numpty of the month (potentially YEAR) award...

But I haven't actually plugged the seat connectors in...! :ashamed: :ashamed: :ashamed:

I've been so preoccupied worrying about airbag connectors, wires here there and everywhere, I didn't actually plug the connectors from the Seats' themselves into the loom!

Will do it tommorow after work and report back!

VERY EMBARESSING!!! :laugh:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2010, 11:06:59 pm »
          :congrats:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2010, 11:38:08 pm »
Sean I don't think thats too bad for your first biggy retrofit? Leaving some thing out like the plugs is easy done...don't beat yourself up about it get out there and sit in it all night knowing you made that happen :grin: :happy2:

Only joking don't go out all night :grin:

You'll have the car fully loaded soon mate no worries. To be honest you've probably done the biggest pain of a job on the car for retrofits imo.

Well done :congrats:

Darren

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2010, 12:10:04 am »
Hi Darren, thanks mate - I still feel a numpty, if I plug it in tommorow and it all works, I will be very very happy but still embaressed!

I just wonder how long it would have taken to finally click... As it's only when Lee said "check pin x on the seat for volts etc" when I thought ... hmmm I don't remember plugging the connectors in!

I spent ages tidying the wiring, making it all neat, clipping the connectors on the existing carpet mounts etc, and then didn't plug the things in :grin:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2010, 01:06:23 pm »
Some potentially good news then - Fingers crossed.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2010, 04:49:23 pm »
They were connected in the end :(

Im meeting up with Lee tonight to look at this!

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2010, 08:16:55 pm »
I have some wiring diagrams here Sean if you need any info
Stu...

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2010, 12:01:06 am »
Stu / Darren >

Lee very kindly had a look at the wiring today, he fixed up the CEM wire and a bent pin, and moved one of the incorrect fuse box locations to a correct one.

He then used a multimeter, and when turning the heater controls to 5 the voltage was 14v ( I think? Or it might have been 16v) and when I turned heat seat controls down, it went down to 0. So the signal was getting to the loom under each chair.

After all this, and many of Lee's testing out the wires he has worked out that it the Kufatec wiring is for a LHD car... And that the passenger seat connector, should in fact, be the driver seat connector, due to the differing amount of pins.

Thats certainly what it looks like, and funnily enough, when plugging in the wires behind the climatronic panel, I ignored Kufatecs suggestion of Pin x for driver Pin x for passenger side, and reversed it, and lo and behold each heated control went to the relevant side... So it's all geared for LHD = Lee had the same issue when connecting his, only difference was the 2005 wiring looms are identical each side, so it didn't matter which plug went to that seat etc.

Stu, do you happen to have any wiring diagrams for the 2007+ Seats connectors?

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2010, 07:05:49 am »
Sean I've sent the diagrams to your profile email address.
Stu...

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2010, 01:18:08 pm »
Thanks Stu, much appreciated mate,  Lee is kindly going to help tommorow extend the wires and swap the Seat connectors over and hopefully, that will fix it!