Make a donation

Author Topic: Call of duty: black ops is almost here  (Read 10182 times)

Saint Steve

Re: Call of duty: black ops is almost here
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2010, 06:58:56 pm »
missed that one, :ashamed: saw a copy as i walked in store when i went and confirmed delivery time of my Xbox 360 kinect tommorow.

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2010, 08:57:19 pm »
As expected it has failed to turn up. Feckin' Tesco Entertainment. :fighting: :fighting:

Had a little discussion on the phone with them and of course it's the fault of Royal Mail, but as I said to the chap they effectively received the packages on Monday morning so a Tuesday delivery is pushing it a bit.

Subsequenly bought from Comet which smarted a bit after visiting Tesco and Sainsburys.
Shan't be using Tesco Entertainment in the future. :angry015:

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2010, 09:08:08 pm »
Got mine for £19.99 at currys. Mate spent £50 there and you get a voucher for black ops for £19.99:) and gifted it to me:) I've only played single player so far but I'm blown away so far!

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2010, 05:43:23 pm »
Well ive bought it played it and im going to be putting it back in its case and giving it to my brother for christmas.

What a disappointment :mad: :mad:

IMO Its a major step backwards from MW2 its COD 4 with new maps, its like a cartoon and as soon as people work the maps out its gonna be Camping central :fighting:

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2010, 12:36:54 pm »
Have played it for a few hours in single player mode only as my new gaff doesnt have internet for another couple of weeks and have to say im not impressed by it so far either, i think MW2 plays better but TBH single player mode is crap on both of them. It just feels like an old arcade game but with a cheat mode with the unlimited lives thing, maybe its just how i play it but i dont think its all that at all.
Hopefully it'll be better when i can get on Live with it.

Got mine from Sainsbury as well - spend £30 instore and its only £27, bargain, esp as i had over £20 in nectar points :)
If live turns out to be rubbish as well tho then i may well end up trading it in, thats more dependent on how many of my mates play it tho than anything
Ant

Offline boxxer1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2010, 01:09:55 pm »
Got my copy not played single player, But multiplayer is a massive disappointment. Grenades and tubes too weak, Guns sound terrible back to MW2 for me 
Mk5 golf Gti REVO. stg2+
Milltek | Auto tech | White line | Forge | REVO | KW | Quaife | helix clutch |

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2010, 01:47:27 pm »
COD is sh*te and takes up you life!! new vegas ftmfw!  :P

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2010, 02:06:22 pm »
I used to play COD a lot a while back, but ive been "clean" for about 3 months now! haha!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2010, 02:06:57 pm »
oh and im glad you lot arent too impressed with black ops, i feel better about my withdrawl now! ;)

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2010, 02:19:24 pm »
Are you kidding? My step son has New Vegas and I piched it off him for a night. I though it was utter garbage! I just found it so slow and boring, I really can't undertsand the hype at all.

I loved world at war so I've been really looking forward to black ops for ages. I love modern warfare 1/2 so I really hope black ops lives up to the reviews I've read (all have been excellent) as you guys are starting to make me think it might not be up to my expectations  :confused:

I'm not allowed to even play the game until Xmas as my wife is giving it to me as a present  :grin:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2010, 03:04:15 pm »
Are you kidding? My step son has New Vegas and I piched it off him for a night. I though it was utter garbage! I just found it so slow and boring, I really can't undertsand the hype at all.

I loved world at war so I've been really looking forward to black ops for ages. I love modern warfare 1/2 so I really hope black ops lives up to the reviews I've read (all have been excellent) as you guys are starting to make me think it might not be up to my expectations  :confused:

I'm not allowed to even play the game until Xmas as my wife is giving it to me as a present  :grin:

you need to play it for at least 4 hours to understand what fallout is all about!  :innocent:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2010, 03:33:40 pm »
Got my copy not played single player, But multiplayer is a massive disappointment. Grenades and tubes too weak, Guns sound terrible back to MW2 for me 

Ditto. This game shows no development effort from Treyarch; they have simply recycled the (poor) engine from World At War. By trading on the Call Of Duty franchise they will no doubt have made a stack (as will Activision) for a game which, if released as a stand-alone, would bomb.

My copy has already been sold. If you are thinking about buying it, think very hard indeed. I'd advise renting it to try first.

Fallout New Vegas, is a different story altogether...... :smiley:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2010, 05:04:54 pm »
Glad i havnt bought it now, looks like everyones going back to mw2. GT5 better not get delayed again thats for sure!

Offline .:GTI|SUNNY:.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 11
  • I spend too much time on this forum, I'm addicted
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2010, 05:11:33 pm »
mine arrived but i got sent out 2 copies of the game and got charged for one lol...still not opened anyone of them untill tomorrow  :smiley:
| Tornado Red GTI |

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2010, 05:34:19 pm »
Well ive now officially gone back to MW2. :star: :star:

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84