Make a donation

Author Topic: New Astra VXR/GTC  (Read 8832 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: New Astra VXR/GTC
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 03:13:51 pm »
Just looks a bit Halfords to me, maybe the CF on the wheels put me off before I saw the rest of the pics........ :chicken:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 03:14:54 pm »
Not a massive fan of that, the side proportions are wrong, looks to tall probably not helped by the stupid wheels, also the interior is still not my cup of tea the steering wheels has the proportions of a horses head, and lets not even start on the collection of buttons on the center console!

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 04:06:35 pm »
Not only will 21" tyres be expensive those wheels are  :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

I agree that a lot of Vauxhall line up is carp. However the Insignia is the exception to the rule. Having been in the new Insignia VXR i can safely say that car is a weapon and a half :driver:
...........bloke at work has one in that nice blue colour 320bhp  :happy2:

Nice motor that is hindered by a quite frankly ridulous kerb weight.. Estate version is getting on for 2 tonnes  :surprised: Which gives it a power/weight similar to the Corsa VXR..   :grin:
But as others have said, lovely looking car.. Just struggles with it's weight a bit IMO..

How much is this car, and what are it's vital stats, e.g. bhp, engine size, etc.?

Early rumours suggest a 2.0 direct injection 4 pot (similar to ours) kicking out 286bhp  :wink:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 04:15:58 pm »
that car is awesome, i also owned some VXRs of past and they were fantastic cars too, bang for buck you'll not math them with anything IMO.

Very impressed with this

New Ford ST - 250ps and 266lbft from a 2.0T engine.

If I was under pain of death to choose to own either the VXR or the ST........................it would be the ST :scared: :laugh:
Golf R gone.

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 04:22:00 pm »
thats a real "almost made it" car... some really nice lines and designs going on there but somehow it doesnty quite make it, and looks like its trying too hard to do so.
and unfortunatley im now a badge snob too :evilgrin:

matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 04:33:08 pm »
Agree with Greeners about the alloys...the CF just seems a bit wrong.  On a positive note I do like the tread pattern on rubbers...

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 07:12:04 pm »
Just looks a bit Halfords to me, maybe the CF on the wheels put me off before I saw the rest of the pics........ :chicken:

Yup. Pure chav  :sick:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 07:40:04 pm »
Not only will 21" tyres be expensive those wheels are  :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

However the Insignia is the exception to the rule. Having been in the new Insignia VXR i can safely say that car is a weapon and a half :driver:
...........bloke at work has one in that nice blue colour 320bhp  :happy2:

Nice motor that is hindered by a quite frankly ridulous kerb weight.. Estate version is getting on for 2 tonnes  :surprised: Which gives it a power/weight similar to the Corsa VXR..   :grin:
But as others have said, lovely looking car.. Just struggles with it's weight a bit IMO..

How much is this car, and what are it's vital stats, e.g. bhp, engine size, etc.?

Early rumours suggest a 2.0 direct injection 4 pot (similar to ours) kicking out 286bhp  :wink:

VAG seriously need to look into something more potent that 207hp.  Woefully slow compared to the competition. 

fWith the alternatives all offering between 50 and 86hp more powerful(as standard) the extra sucharge for having that VW badge suddenly starts to become a large waste of money.  Plus the build quality isnt that much better than the others to justify the extra cost,

i think the std engine in the GTI needs to become equivalent to that in the Golf R. that puts the performance smack bang in the centre of the meganne RS, ST, and VXR.  Then the Golf R and S3 should be aiming at the 300hp region to target the focus RS

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 09:02:42 pm »
Couldn't agree more... :jumpmove:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 09:28:11 pm »
Is it 4wd? The boot looks very shallow...

Offline Eddy30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 09:39:04 pm »
Totally agree with janner, the gti is under serious threat of been left behind, although I would always always pick it for subtle looks and handling,it's putting out around the same power as the new clio's ffs

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 09:46:10 pm »
thats a real "almost made it" car... some really nice lines and designs going on there but somehow it doesnty quite make it, and looks like its trying too hard to do so.
and unfortunatley im now a badge snob too :evilgrin:

matsu
Agree with Greeners about the alloys...the CF just seems a bit wrong.  On a positive note I do like the tread pattern on rubbers...

Agreeing with the above nice shape but they then went  bit ott, centre console is to busy have seen planes with less buttons :laugh:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 11:08:42 pm »
that car is awesome, i also owned some VXRs of past and they were fantastic cars too, bang for buck you'll not math them with anything IMO.

Very impressed with this

Leon Cupra, same price, better chassis, pisses all over a full bolt on VXR with just a map  :happy2:

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 01:18:09 pm »

Very impressed with this

Leon Cupra, same price, better chassis, pisses all over a full bolt on VXR with just a map  :happy2:
Agree

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2010, 09:04:43 pm »
You won't say that when you consider the resale value.