Make a donation

Author Topic: Logged performance of additional RS4 fuel pressure regulator valve  (Read 33691 times)

Offline muckipup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 25
Re: Logged performance of additional RS4 fuel pressure regulator valve
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2010, 11:21:10 pm »
hey

right iv got pictures up now in my little car thread part numbers and stuff in it  :happy2:

sorry its not much of a write up but im not very creative when it comes to reviews

i can't find it  :ashamed: Where is the write-up  :wink:

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2010, 11:44:08 pm »
Sorry my bad... It's in members rides and tricks 2006 gti...  :happy2:
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2010, 08:15:57 am »
So what's the long and short of this... is the fuel pressure regulator worth it on a K03 remapped car?

i think so, youcan see it increases the rail pressure on a standard car with standard fuel pump which isnt struggling to make the requested fuel pressure.  on a stage 2+ where the pump is really being worked it would aid the opump in providing the additional pressure, as well as providing that little bit more.

Also consider the injectors, when you move up to a k04 turbo conversion, you have to replace the k03 injectors as they are at their maximum capacity at k03stage 2+.  Adding this valve helps to increase the pressure, which from BDM reduces the stress and effort required on the injectors to flow/pray the required amount of fuel.

The logs show gains, but we shall see on carls vRS when he does it, his is stage2+ with loads of dyno graphs showing consistent figures, from the same dyno, so any gains should be noticable. plus he has VCDS so he can log it before/after as well

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2010, 10:09:34 am »
So does this mod have the potential to replace the uprated fuel pump internals?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 10:11:41 am by martziniuk »
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

B8.5 Audi S4 with uprated pulley and unicorn Stage 2

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2010, 10:22:53 am »
No...
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2010, 10:26:09 am »
The pump creates the extra pressure and the valve just keeps it high instead of letting it go.
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2010, 07:54:12 pm »
No...
I just thought that as the internals provide extra pressure/fuel flow to the injectors the regulator valve would also provide the extra pressure.
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

B8.5 Audi S4 with uprated pulley and unicorn Stage 2

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2010, 07:57:08 pm »
it will, just not the amount the uprated HPFP can flow

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2010, 09:12:34 am »
The valve is responsible for flowing fuel from the high pressure fuel system back to the low pressure fuel system, changing to the RS4 valve allows the high pressure system to maintain a higher pressure than standard before fuel will be released and fed back through to the low pressure side of the system.  So at idle and without mapping the valve will allow a higher rail pressure to be maintained.

The reason people upgrade the HPFP is to increase the rate at which fuel can be transferred from the low pressure to the high pressure system which in turn will allow a higher fuel pressure to be maintained for longer.

So although the valve will allow you to maintain a higher fuel rail pressure, it wont increase the amount of fuel that can be added into the high pressure fuel system, you will need an uprated pump for that.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2010, 10:26:54 pm »
So, if you have a HPFP...it's not really needed?

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2010, 11:11:08 pm »
it aids the HPFP further.  there were plenty of stage 2+ guys with the hesitation at 5200rpm who used his valve to get rid of it iirc

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2010, 06:19:58 am »
it aids the HPFP further.  there were plenty of stage 2+ guys with the hesitation at 5200rpm who used his valve to get rid of it iirc

It helps, but doesnt fully get rid of the issue.  Ive only seen the hesitation on Autotech/KMD internals.  I would like to know if any APR pump owners have had the hesitation?
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline Sagild

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2010, 07:26:24 am »
i'm with apr pump and no issue here.. Only when i had the carbonio on because it ran out of air... now with BSH there's no problem...
Phantom Black Audi A3 - 2,0 TFSI - quattro - 2006

K04, S3 IC, BSH True seal, APR HPFP, ATP 3" catless DP, Milltek CBE, Eibach Pro-street, Forge short shift, 034motorsports engine & torque mount, NGK Racing plugs, S3 Brakes, Powered by REVO

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2010, 09:23:19 am »
I have had and have the problem. It got better by fitting the RS4 valve, but my software requires a lambda value of 0,75 (std. ED30 is 0,83) This value are the reason for my system not being able to flow enough fuel with APR HPFP and RS4 valve, so at app. 5200rpm the tolerance of 25% of the lambda value is exceeded and the system (ECU) shots down for the boost until the lambda value is within tolerance again before opening up for the boost again  :fighting: . I have requested a value between 0,80 and 0,83 from the software company and are awaiting the new file.  :popcornsoda:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline laurent.d

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2011, 10:48:05 pm »
My car is Revo stage3 and one week ago I wanted to play around with the Select Plus to see if I can get better power output. And moreover, I have the feeling that some time to time in 3rd gear at full throttle there is a little hesitation at about 5000rpm.

Any way, I just get a Ross tech cable so I went for some logs.

And then I found out that Actual Rail pressure was quiet low compare to requested one. :scared:

I Emailed Revo And Carl comfirmed me that it should come from a failing fuel pressure relief valve.
So I decided to fit a rs4 fuel pressure regulator valve. :wink:

It's a pain to remove and a nightmare to fit. :stupid:

I have to run more test but the fuel pressure looks much better and the car seems to be a little bit more responsive and to pull more smoothly and strongly. :happy2:

Four logs with Difference between request and Actual Rail Pressure.

Positive number means Actual is below requested.

Here requested vs OEM VS RS4

If somebody can tell me how to properly display an Excel Graphe on the Forum he will be welcome... :notworthy:

A3 2.0 tfsi DSG S-Line/VWR K04 Turbo kit/Engine Revo Stg 3/Milltek Exhaust/DSG Revo Stg 2/Quaife LSD/Bilstein PSS10/H&R sway bars/Power Grip Morego/VWR Suspension Bushes/VF Engineering Engine Mounts/VWR Lower Mount/OZ Ultraleggera 8x18 ET45/Brembo 328x28 2pcs 4 pot ''A'' caliper/Braille Battery