Make a donation

Author Topic: Stage 2 + revo  (Read 1566 times)

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
Stage 2 + revo
« on: November 22, 2010, 05:54:24 pm »
hey

once i recieve my exhaust from blueflame im going to get stage 2 +.

iv decided to go down the revo route and iv bein to my local dealer and the quote was 699 inc vat but beacuse i know his mate he said he could do me it for 650 inc vat. the question is... is this a fair price??? im still on standard map so im skiping 1 and 2. also this will be set up on the road as they dont have a rolling road.  i would have thought it was better to be set up on the road for real life weather and engine load conditions but yet again iv no idea when it comes to this...

thanks agen
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Stage 2 + revo
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 05:58:32 pm »
a mixture of both dyno and road is best IMO.  at least with a dyno as the consumer you can see 100% if its worked.

not sure on inclusive of VAT, but iirc stage 1 is 500+VAT, each additional stage is £50, so stage 2+ your looking at 600+ vat, so your saving 50sheets there.  also bear in mind VAT goes up to 20% in january so its worth doing it now

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 06:06:20 pm »
yea ok so its quite good then...

iv got a rolling road day booked at northallerton at the end of januray so i should see the result there...

as the vat increase goes thats why iv bought everything i have for my car now!!!!! iv gone from standard to nearly stage 2 + in just short of 8 months and my wallet has felt it  :signLOL:
im cutting it fine though becuase im 4 to 6 weeks waiting time for my exhaust and i carnt get it done untill iv got it on so i might see if my dealer wants to work new years eve once iv got it fitted  :signLOL:
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 06:19:07 pm »
You'll certainly have a fun drive home mate..  :laugh: :driver:

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 06:32:57 pm »
ha i carnt blooming wait  :jumpmove: im so excited.....

ill be getting my mate out in his clio 172 cup.... i hate him at the moment they are identical speeds in acceleration untill 80 90 mph then i can just pull away.... he loves it!!! the fact hes in a tinny clio and i carnt beat him.... im going to poo all over his crappy little blue tin can ha if im bein onist its friggin quick i carnt believe it hes got a straight through exhaust system on it ( it sounds brilliant ) and its just not meant to go that quick  :signLOL:

2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 06:40:30 pm »
its all about the weight.

no worries though, you'll soon be driving around +70Hp+90Ibft, he wont come near you then