Make a donation

Author Topic: GTi grille interchangeable mesh with GT slats?  (Read 1653 times)

Offline daz5182

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
GTi grille interchangeable mesh with GT slats?
« on: November 22, 2010, 06:30:31 pm »
Can you have the GT grille and remove the mesh and put the gt slats in? I want to keep the slats as want ti to keep looking liek a derv but like the gti red stripe.....

Any ideas?

Cheers

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Re: GTi grille interchangeable mesh with GT slats?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 06:33:33 pm »
Yes mate no problem.

I was actually running the gti lower honeycombe grilles with the gt main grille for a while.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 07:53:46 pm »
If you are talking about the front grille then the honeycombe cannot be swapped as it's part of the whole assembly. But if your asking if the whole grille is interchangeable then the answer is yes.

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 08:17:28 pm »
If you are talking about the front grille then the honeycombe cannot be swapped as it's part of the whole assembly. But if your asking if the whole grille is interchangeable then the answer is yes.

After reading it PROPERLY!! as Greeners RIGHTLY said you cannot have gt slats and the red gti stripe in the main grille.

:ashamed:
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline daz5182

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 11:40:44 am »
nightmare! I wanted the red stripe! and GT slats! Bad times.

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 12:50:20 am »
Any thing is possible, if you have both the grilles to hand? Just take the strip out and see how it can be made to fit into the GT grille?

Simples

Darren

Offline daz5182

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 09:18:55 am »
I've given up mate, hada good look and it looks tricky so gonne leave it...... oh well