Make a donation

Author Topic: Lee's Blue Graphite GT TDI (Now Clean!)  (Read 12325 times)

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Lee's Blue Graphite GT TDI (Now Clean!)
« on: November 24, 2010, 05:07:44 pm »
Well Iv been on here for a while now and not put any photos up so I had the camera in my hand after taking some photos for ebay so I thought Id fire a few of the dirty old girl.

Now Im not one for the show car look as you can see, you wont catch me washing the wheels every night or camping out by the car just incase a bird sh*ts on it. The other half uses it daily and has to travel some nasty country lanes so as a result its impossible to keep it clean but she does get regular washes and waxing come the better weather.

Well she was bog standard when I got her so I wasted no time putting on the facelift front end and a mate of mine kindly hooked me up with some Hella Dynabeam Xenons. They turn with you into the corners and self level which is a bonus, just got to get around to sorting out the headlight washers. As you can see they have a tendency to drop out when you least want them too!

Shortly after that I got myself a set of 18" omanyts, now these went off for a refurb and wont be going back on until the weather gets better along witha set of H+R springs, so it was back on with the standard 16's. I came across a GT leather interior so I got that in next with the help of a kufactec wiring loom and new climate panel with the heated switches.

I have a ed30 rear box and GTI rear valance to go on but I think Ill wait until spring to sort those out unless I find myself at a loose end one weekend. So I cracked on with the interior mods and after alot of looking finally fitted the highline cluster and mk6 MFSW.

Now I did have white dials like the mk6 but the missus did'nt like it so I had to go back to the blue  :sad1:
As you can see from the photo I have a RNS copy that I got of a mate for a bargain. Its been brilliant, has all the things youd need including bluetooth and streaming music from your iphone ect.

But I want to keep it fully intergrated so the LED RNS is on its way along with fiscon bluetooth. I also fitted the OEM LED tailights but at the moment Im waiting to receive them back after being fitted out for skyline operation and will post pictures and details when I get them. I'll put some better (cleaner!) photos on in due course.

Lee.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:00:00 pm by apollo13 »
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
Re: My Blue Graphite GT TDI
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 05:47:05 pm »
Hi Lee
looks nice, I like the blue graphite.

Ed
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 05:58:08 pm »
looking good Lee :congrats:

Offline mjt

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 06:57:03 pm »
looks good,going to pick up my gti lower bumper tomorrow just need to get a back box for my tdi

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 07:12:40 pm »
Looks good Lee. Some nice mods already and I like the nav + front bumper particularly. Is it the OEM GT Sport front bumper?

Do you not fancy factory Xenons instead of the Celios perhaps in the future?
Tidy plans though, the kind of plans I'd have if I owned a GT TDI which I nearly did and very may well do in the future  :happy2:

The Omanyts with the H&R's will really transform the cars image  :congrats:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline GTsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 07:56:55 pm »
Nice colour - my previous MK5 was graphite blue.

Loving the steering wheel too - was that an easy retrofit?  Do the buttons work?

:happy2:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 09:29:49 pm »
Hi Guys, Thanks for all the positive comments  :happy2:

Ed - Its was blue graphite or grey, I still look at the grey and think maybe I should of!!

Pete- Yes its an OEM front bumper and grilles, I didnt change the slam panel so a bit of cutting was needed but it doesnt show.I got the Hella Celis for a steal so I went with them, I think there individual without being too bling or aftermarket looking. I had the Omanyts on and they looked O.K but their not going back on without those springs!!

GTSport- The wheel retrofit was easy, Id never heard of vcds before I did the MFSW and highline swap so I was a beginner and found it easy. All the buttons work except the left and right buttons on the right side as there only for the new white DIS in the new VW's. I had an ED30 wheel too but stuck with this one, just a little more chunky.

Lee.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 12:53:36 pm »
Right a little and cleaner update  :grin:

Firstly I got myself a set of OEM LED tailights but with a twist. I had the usually LEDless (is that a word?) inner parts modded to accept new red LED rings to perform stop/tail and fog functions.

Fitted to the car.

I was really after the true skyline look but wanted to stay legal and pass M.O.T with no problems. I set about fiddling with VCDS and this is what I came up with.

Iv since had the car M.O.T'd and it passed with no problems at all.  :happy2:

Next the aftermarket stereo/nav/bluetooth was replaced with a RNS 510 C version, AF Can Gateway, OEM Sharkfin and Skoda 729B bluetooth. After changing to the RNS I though that was the perfect excuse to get my modded highline display back in the car. I also fitted a 30 byte CECM so now have cornering fog lights and hazards under heavy braking.

I think the white display looks much better with the white/red/black on the RNS.

Next up came sorting out the ride height. I had previously had Omanyts on the car but after removing them for a refurb and putting the standard 16's back on  :sick: I would'nt let them go back on without lowering it a little.

Mrs Apollo uses the car most of the time so slamming it on coilovers was'nt an option! I got myself some H+R springs and lined up my mate to help me fit them. It turned out he had a set of sportlines going spare so I sent the H+R's back (put £150 back in my pocket!) and fitted the sportlines along with the refurbed wheels on new Vredestein rubber and 10mm spacers on the rear.

I have an ED30 rear box to go on next along with colour coded GTI rear valance and side skirts which I think will really finish the car off nicely and make the car look a little bit lower.

I would just like to thank all the people that I have bought and sold things from/to on this forum (you know who you are!) and for the help and advice that is always there if needed.

Comments welcome  :driver:

The postmans just been and I now have a shiny new knob  :surprised: ..........R32 gear knob to be exact!

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 02:55:08 pm by apollo13 »

Offline GTsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 01:01:37 pm »
Looking very smart! Im loving the Valeo mod!  :happy2:

Also the ride height looks 100x better. This is something i want to do very soon.  How do you rate the sportlines for Handling & Ride? 

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 01:05:29 pm »
Cheers mate,

It does look so much better. Well as for the ride Mrs Apollo hasnt noticed the difference.

It 'is' different but not crashy in any way at all and it feels much better into the corners  :happy2:

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
Re: Lee's Blue Graphite GT TDI
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 02:42:14 pm »
Them lights are amazing! Want to do it to mine just to wire up as sidelights but just wouldn't know where to start despite reading thread upon thread.

Looks good mate  :happy2:
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!

Offline golfman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 33
  • If your not first your last!!!
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69645.0.html
Re: Lee's Blue Graphite GT TDI (Now Clean!)
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 08:17:28 pm »
Looking good lee keep up the good work :happy2:

scott

Modded The Way I Like It!!!!!!
Vag-com Hex+Can in scotland
I Hate Timewasters...

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 04:58:31 pm »
Cheers Scott,

Still got a fair few things to do though, I might get them all done before I get rid of it  :grin:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 05:09:28 pm »
looking really good now its sitting lower..top work mate :happy2:

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 05:41:11 pm »
very tidy line of mods, looks very good.
FYI ED30 and standard GTI backbox is the same  :smiley:
I can only say that the Mk6 wheel really suits the mk V cabin  :love:

Over the top mod list ;o)