Make a donation

Author Topic: Stuck in the Phone Menu in the Highline  (Read 4763 times)

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
Stuck in the Phone Menu in the Highline
« on: November 28, 2010, 06:19:40 pm »
Fitted a 5N0 035 730 C premium Rsap Bluetooth kit to my car.
Coded it, no faults apart from the antenna not being fitted
Connected fine with my Nokia phone
The issue is the phone option overides all other options (trip computer, audio, navigation, etc )
My clusters ends 970 and has an issue when in audio option  and you need to switch the radio off to get out of it.
However with the phone option you can't do this.
I'm sure that if I changed my cluster to 972 and changed my mk6 mfsw wheel back to a mk5 mfsw with menu button would resolve the issue but I don't want to spend on that

Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Stuck in the Phone Menu in the Highline
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 06:22:54 pm »
Oh no Ed,

Thats not good. I have just got an RNS and vw bluetooth (although it is the earlier model 729B). I too have MK6 MFSW and 971 cluster.  :sad1:

Hope we get an answer on this. We might get away with just changing the cluster?

Lee.

Im sure danish has a MK6 wheel and vw bluetooth I wonder what year his car is??
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 06:44:52 pm by apollo13 »
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 07:39:51 pm »
I'm not sure what to suggest with this guys, I have had more or less every oem bluetooth kit in my car and never had a problem? 

But when I had the 971 cluster in and pressed the menu button it used to lock the phone menu up and I had to switch the ignition off to sort it out???But I think this was to do with the later buttons and early cluster.

Lee you shouldn't have a problem using the 729B Skoda bluetooth? 

Eddie maybe unplug the bluetooth and put it back in...I'm sure you have tried this but other than changing the cluster has Lee says I think you will be stuck with only getting it on the RNS510,  only thing is have you paired it yet? if not and you cannot use the phone menu then you may not be able to cos of the pairing process.

Darren

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 07:45:26 pm »
Ill just have to wait until I receive it from Adam and try it.

Im sure danishmkvgti has a MK6 wheel and vw bluetooth and Im sure it works fine. I wonder what year his car is and what model of bluetooth he has?? I think hes got an ED30 so he must have a post 972 cluster??

Lee.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 07:54:24 pm »
my phone paired ok with it and I had to enter the long code it gave me, it confirmed connection. The trouble is the phone menu takes over even when the phone is not in the car. You just can't get back to the main highline menu. I even coded it out of the gateway, in the end I had to unplug it to get out of the phone
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 08:07:23 pm »
Iv just read through some threads and danishmkvgti has a 729B interface and his seems to work fine with his MK6 MFSW but as I said I think he has an ED30 so a post 972 cluster.

Ed I should get my stuff by the end of this week so could let you know how I get on? Would be handy to see if I could 'borrow' a 972 cluster to try if it doesnt work out??

Iv just confirmed with Jake he has 729B, MK6 MFSW and his car is 05/06 and he has highline which could be altered with K+ commander but doesnt know the part number so Im assuming 972.

Looks like I might need a new cluster too.............

Lee.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 08:31:37 pm by apollo13 »

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 09:09:33 pm »
I think you will be ok with the Skoda Bluetooth 729B as their Maxidot (works like our early Highlines)
Anyway I will probably have a little play during the week to see what I can do. If I can't fix it by the weekend I will remove it and save for Fiscon Basic plus

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 09:13:17 pm »
Ed use the discount code 'scirocco123' on fiscon.co.uk and youll only pay £316.56 instead of £360 odd.

To be honest Im still worried Ill get stuck in the audio menu even with the RNS.....
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 11:23:30 pm by apollo13 »

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 11:53:10 pm »
Jake has a an early GTI but has a K04 conversion and other than the R32 front end every thing else is from the eddy

Darren

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 07:02:24 am »
Jake has a an early GTI but has a K04 conversion and other than the R32 front end every thing else is from the eddy

Darren

yes i's a bit of a "muggler"  :grin:
Bit of a halfblood really, i have black roof lining but cluster is the old model.
If useful i'll vcds it today for the cluster number??
As i have an rns from darren, i only have the phone menu on the rns not the cluster, can i have both??

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 06:30:24 pm »

Darren

Bit of a halfblood really, i have black roof lining but cluster is the old model.
As i have an rns from darren, i only have the phone menu on the rns not the cluster, can i have both??

I hope so Jake! As thats what was told I would get with the 729B !!

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 07:18:27 pm »

Darren

I need some correct coding then  :sad1:   :wink:

I hope so Jake! As thats what was told I would get with the 729B !!

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 07:22:51 pm »
I can really help you out on that Jake, I havnt received my bluetooth yet. Im sure Darren could advise?

Hopefully this week, to be fitted on the weekend. As long as the cars not buried in 10ft of snow!   :signLOL:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 09:34:35 pm »
Jake do you have the phone setup in the gateway? if not you need to activate module 77 in the gateway.  That will give you the phone menu in the highline.

Darren

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 01:36:46 pm »
Had any luck yet Ed??

How about the audio menu problem? Any joy with changing the f/w?

Lee.