Make a donation

Author Topic: Advice required, to buy or not to buy, and loose my deposit?  (Read 2073 times)

keendean

Advice required, to buy or not to buy, and loose my deposit?
« on: November 29, 2010, 09:52:37 pm »
Car bought :)

Thanks

Dean

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 08:29:17 pm by keendean »

Offline Blake-R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Advice required, to buy or buy to buy or loose my deposit?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 10:07:44 pm »
Hey Dean
First off you have to ask yourself one main question, can you really afford the car? I've always been the type of guy that, if i really feel like i can't afford something i will leave it purely because i feel i won't enjoy it like i should and end up regretting doing it. Obviously not everyone is the same but that's just me. Coming from your TDI your going to notice a big difference in fuel costs especially if your gonna go for a remap also, so will your get annoyed keep putting fuel in it? and bearing in mind a full tank of v-power (if this is what you would be putting in it) will cost you around £65 i would think.
I will say one thing you wouldn't regret the change in a fun sense, the ED30 is a stunning motor and very capable, i'm sure it would put a huge grin on your face every time you got in it.
I know this might not have helped much but i do think the one main thing is can you really afford it and if you can go for it, you wouldn't regret it  :happy2:

keendean

Re: Advice required, to buy or not to buy, and loose my deposit?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 10:16:47 pm »
Good advice Blake, and a good question, can I afford it, hmmmmm.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 08:29:40 pm by keendean »

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 10:26:47 pm »
It's not yy57 dhl is it? Similar mileage I've not compared the full specs but if so I'd avoid it's misrepresented.  :fighting:

Offline Blake-R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 10:31:57 pm »
Dean, i don't think if it came to it and you had to sell on the ED30 you would have a hard hard time. Also i guess you could always just wait for a while before you went for the remap? To be honest mate i think dealers need to be competitive right now i don't think dealers are having a great time at all, but like you say it could be the time of year with christmas just around the corner.

keendean

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 10:36:23 pm »
It's not yy57 dhl is it? Similar mileage I've not compared the full specs but if so I'd avoid it's misrepresented.  :fighting:

No it's not  that one, its with a decent dealership, and seems good value for money, but I'm not sure its quite worth that money.

Offline micaerin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 11:49:25 pm »
I think you will really notice your fuel bill going up!!
I went from a mk4 GT-TDI 150 BHP which was a great car and on a run i could get 50 MPG since owning my mk5 GTI im putting virtually £50 a week of petrol and getting about 300 miles,  26-30 MPG, And my wife drives an Audi TT 225, im scared to add up our fuel bills for the month. Really is a great car but always think of my diesel when filling her up.

2007 GTI DSG, Xenon's, Armrest 6 Disc ,Rear Parking Sensors,Sunroof,Lux Pack,Cruise,Electric drivers seat,MFSW,RNS 510,Miltek Cat Back.

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 12:07:25 am »
Hi Dean, your making similar decisions as me.  I too currently own an Anni pd, have done so for 5 years now, i still love it too bits, but have been looking around for a new car, but head always wins for me at the moment. My shortlist has been S4, mmhh V8 power, S3 or the ED30. I know if i change it will cost alot more to run, so thats why i wait  :sad1: i got offered £3650 part ex on my anni last week, its against a CW ED30  :rolleye:

Only you can make the decisision and know your finances, im waiting longer, because i now have too, spent too much on my new kitchen  :confused:, but if the right car with the right Spec, which is important for me, came along, then i would have to consider it.

I'd change the car every day if i could  :driver:

Dean were abouts in Yorkshire are you coming to?
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 12:12:21 am »
If your concerned about fuel costs dont get it as you wont enjoy the car if you think about the money everytime you fill up.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=uv14f5illdlg7cu0sl9ft8p2hd&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 08:18:05 am »
Dean... what hasnt it got that you want?

keendean

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 08:30:47 pm »
Hi Dean, your making similar decisions as me.  I too currently own an Anni pd, have done so for 5 years now, i still love it too bits, but have been looking around for a new car, but head always wins for me at the moment. My shortlist has been S4, mmhh V8 power, S3 or the ED30. I know if i change it will cost alot more to run, so thats why i wait  :sad1: i got offered £3650 part ex on my anni last week, its against a CW ED30  :rolleye:

Only you can make the decisision and know your finances, im waiting longer, because i now have too, spent too much on my new kitchen  :confused:, but if the right car with the right Spec, which is important for me, came along, then i would have to consider it.

I'd change the car every day if i could  :driver:

Dean were abouts in Yorkshire are you coming to?

I'm getting a train to Wakefield, then to the Mazda garage, have bought the car :)

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=uv14f5illdlg7cu0sl9ft8p2hd&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 08:38:38 pm »
Awesome... just got your PM! Your gonnt LOVE it!  :driver:

keendean

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 08:43:56 pm »
Cheers Rich, I can't wait, as soon as the blooming snow calms down, going to get an ED30 front badge and a matt black front badge as soon as I have money :)  I do feel odd paying for a car in full and only seeing pictures, oh well its a first for me.

Right better get my Anni up for sale.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 08:46:12 pm »
Good work, and welcome to the club :happy2: