Make a donation

Author Topic: Mechanical Sympathy  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
Mechanical Sympathy
« on: December 02, 2010, 01:44:33 pm »
Some pleb on my street has just got into his 59 plate Merc SLK which has been sat, knee deep in snow without being moved, started or anything for over 5 days in sub zero temperatures. As you'd expect he wanted the heaters to blow warm so as soon as he got in it he started it............and floored the poor thing. As I type he is still sat revving the life out of it and has been for a good five minutes. Are people dumb or what? Poor Merc!

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
Re: Mechanical Sympathy
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 01:47:57 pm »
You should go out and tell him the best way to warm up the tyres is to wheelspin for 10 minutes too  :grin:

Offline markc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 03:10:10 pm »
Idiots mate, Idiots  :fighting:

Years ago I worked at a place where a bloke in a 309 GTI would start it, and drive off as fast as he could.  I told him he shouldnt, after seeing him do that many times but it made no difference.  Guess what, a couple of weeks later he had blown it up.   :stupid:
Had: Edition 30, 3 Door Manual, Pearl Black, Cruise Control, IPod Prep, Arm Rest, Auto Lights and Wipers

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 04:02:31 pm »
Like you said, idiots.

I remember going to look at a Clio Williams at a dealer in the winter a long time ago now. When I asked the salesman to show me the car,he got the keys, started it up from cold and revved it to the redline repeatedly for about 30 seonds. He turned to me and said "It sounds great doesn't it".
I told him if that was the way they treated cars, there's no way I'm buying one from them! He didn't even see the problem either  :congrats:

Offline TagnuT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 06:03:03 pm »
Drive me nuts.........For some people, they won't keep them long enough for them to see the damage. :sick:
Bye Bye Edition 30.

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 08:24:23 pm »
Thing is I've seen him spending a good amount of time waxing it etc so he obviously likes the car. Maybe he just needs educating? On the other  hand he strikes me as a man with enough money to forget the true value of it so maybe he just doesn't give a sh*t?