Make a donation

Author Topic: Exhaust burbling like crazy!  (Read 1923 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=80m8721dg5tcdf9b80ngp4tdcj&/topic,19740.0.html
Exhaust burbling like crazy!
« on: December 03, 2010, 12:11:24 pm »
Drove about 10miles this morning and parked up! Put it in Park and reved the engine a bit (as you do when you've been driving diesels for 4 years). The exhaust was burbling lots the revs drop... Is it just because it's cold??

Rich

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
Re: Exhaust burbling like crazy!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 03:39:04 pm »
Drove about 10miles this morning and parked up! Put it in Park and reved the engine a bit (as you do when you've been driving diesels for 4 years). The exhaust was burbling lots the revs drop... Is it just because it's cold??

Rich
Not even because of the cold. It's perfectly normal for it to sound like that.

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 03:49:04 pm »
mine dont seem to be running great eather. im putting it down to weather i hope. there is very little turbo or is it because i dont want to boot it too hard incase i lose it and crash.  it was ok before snow came
wait and see how it goes when snow has gone
Sig to big.

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=80m8721dg5tcdf9b80ngp4tdcj&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 02:37:20 am »

Rich
Not even because of the cold. It's perfectly normal for it to sound like that.

I know that it burbles a little usually... but this wasnt like it is usually!

Offline Truckie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Formula Hot Laps
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 10:43:21 am »
By saying "put it in park" i presume its DSG?  :signLOL: If so, its possible to catch the car out a little, as it goes qucikly from drive, passes through N and R to P. The gear box has different modes in each selection, either limiting torque, revs or both. For example, it shouldnt rev out to 8000 rpm in N only halfway, spooling up speed. As it revs up, it may simply have still thought it was in N or similar and cut your spark or retarded ignition to bring revs back. Its in N that mines burbles the most.
HTH  :happy2: