Make a donation

Author Topic: tight fit APR RSC exhaust  (Read 1492 times)

Offline chopper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
tight fit APR RSC exhaust
« on: December 03, 2010, 10:42:23 pm »
I changed to the APR RSC TBE for the Edition 30 about 5 months ago. there wasnt much clearance between the back box and the rear bumper.
now started to notice when the car is warmed up the back box is rubbing on the rear bumper causing a bloody awful rattling sound. had exhaust fitments checked at service by dealer this week and ive been told all fitments are fine and exhaust seems fine.
clearance at moment when car is cold is about 1cm. after car warms up the exhuast clearly sags and moves back and contacts the bumper. im guessing there is some expansion when warm, but has anyone else had the same problem with this exhaust? could there be something else wrong that has been missed?

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
Re: tight fit APR RSC exhaust
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 05:47:38 am »
Mine did this (miltek tbe) it would squeek really loud and drive me batty. I jacked the back of the car up and grabbed the exhaust clamp/bit that holds it up (on the opposite side to the tips) and just kept pushing and pushing to the front of the car, did this with any I could reach and the noise has gone.

I'd give it a go! Took me 5mins

Offline chopper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 01:17:27 pm »
thanks. im about to get the car up on jacks now. it might be something has bent and dropped the exhaust down, cos the whole thing feels solid. ill soon find out, and it might just be a matter of pushing the brackets up and forward. good old brute strength.

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 02:01:16 pm »
Are you sure the RSC exhaust is designed to fit the ED30?  The ED30 is not available in the US so I doubt APR will have designed the exhaust with the ED30 in mind.  If the ED30 and normal GTI exhaust are the same then there should not be fitment problems.

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 02:05:12 pm »
Are you sure the RSC exhaust is designed to fit the ED30?  The ED30 is not available in the US so I doubt APR will have designed the exhaust with the ED30 in mind.  If the ED30 and normal GTI exhaust are the same then there should not be fitment problems.

they are exactly the same  :smiley:

Over the top mod list ;o)