Make a donation

Author Topic: Blade,s Polo GTi 180 DSG  (Read 56824 times)

MPS

Re: Polo GTi 180 DSG
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2010, 11:36:29 pm »
Bloody 'ell, that 0-62 time is impressive, quicker than a standard mk5 golf gti that, I'm sure that could easily ruffle a few feathers amongst the bigger cars out on the highway! And that fuel economy figure makes me hugely jealous!! Small displacement, high boost definitely seems like the way to go folks! (All IMHO)

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2010, 11:51:24 pm »
I'd look at that, I liked the Ibiza Cupra/Bocanegra but this looks better, unfortunately a bit overpriced IMO (mind you, could say that about all VW's).

No MFSW! When will VW learn it should be standard equipment!

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=pi6mcarm6nk2i8e8b07ec1pt0j&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2010, 12:22:42 am »
Lovely car and impressive engine by the looks of it!!  :happy2:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2010, 09:06:06 am »
THe 0-62 isn't faster than a standard DSG equipped car, it is exactly the same mind  :laugh:  I went and had a look at the Bocanegra when that came out and although the external styling was nice, I sat in the cabin and was incredibly dissapointed.  The polo looks like they have carried over more of the materials from the Golf so a much better place to be I guess thats where the extra couple of grand goes.

As for the multi-function steering wheel, its not even an option as far as I know the controls are all on a stalk by the side, which was one of the bigger dissapointments.  The engine and sound track are pretty impressive though and I would mind one of the 7spd dry clutch DSG's  :driver:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline smoftah

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2010, 09:16:17 am »
Now that looks awesome!!  :happy2:

When it is time to change that will definately be on the cards!  :xmaspresent:

Offline Blade

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • Taking a sabatical from cars
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2010, 09:32:22 am »
THe 0-62 isn't faster than a standard DSG equipped car, it is exactly the same mind  :laugh:  I went and had a look at the Bocanegra when that came out and although the external styling was nice, I sat in the cabin and was incredibly dissapointed.  The polo looks like they have carried over more of the materials from the Golf so a much better place to be I guess thats where the extra couple of grand goes.

As for the multi-function steering wheel, its not even an option as far as I know the controls are all on a stalk by the side, which was one of the bigger dissapointments.  The engine and sound track are pretty impressive though and I would mind one of the 7spd dry clutch DSG's  :driver:

A multi-function steering wheel can be specified as an option :happy2:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2010, 09:41:10 am »
Nice!  Thats an improvement over the SEAT as well  :drinking:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline smoftah

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2010, 09:42:53 am »
Just configured one online and it came to a whooping £22,549!

But still one hell of a car!

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2010, 09:50:43 am »
Imagine one with a little haldex system in  :driver:  Cant imagine it will be long before Audi squeeze one into the A1, since they always feel the need for a quattro model, sorry Quattro  :wink:

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2010, 10:08:10 am »
Audi have said they are doing a quattro a1 (RS1) and vw are doing a polo R.

I have been in the skoda version too the Fabia VRS, and its a little disappointing inside but 2k cheaper than the polo.

i think people are getting 230bhp out of these quite easily too!

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2010, 10:36:30 am »
Audi have said they are doing a quattro a1 (RS1) and vw are doing a polo R.

I have been in the skoda version too the Fabia VRS, and its a little disappointing inside but 2k cheaper than the polo.

i think people are getting 230bhp out of these quite easily too!

Hmm nice, just specced up a polo too and mine was 22k with near ever option, including rear wing which is extra even on the GTI!!  :surprised: 

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2010, 10:59:14 am »
^^^^
£22k for a Polo GTI should make people realise that £30k for a Golf R or £40k for an Audi RS3 isn't so bad. It's what cars cost nowadays.

My fully loaded Mk5 Golf GTI cost £25k five years ago.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2010, 11:37:07 am »
22k for a polo  :signLOL: WTF its a polo and thats a lot of ££££ for a polo

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2010, 11:42:27 am »
And they want £800 for and RNS310, RNS510 isn't an option!!  But youd want a sharkfin aerial and the wiring for nav, but you wouldnt pay £600 for the privilege (difference between RNS310 and RCD510).  ANy which way a very nice car and I look forward to seeing what happens with it once you finish enjoying it in standard fettle   :popcornsoda:

Offline markevo6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2010, 12:15:39 pm »

That is one very nice looking car , I hope you enjoy it .