Make a donation

Author Topic: Speed Blue Cupra TSI - * Trackday Pics *  (Read 20226 times)

Offline jon-tfsi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 27
    • Email
Speed Blue Cupra TSI - * Trackday Pics *
« on: December 17, 2010, 12:30:09 pm »
Hello guys, have had the car for a few months now and not had a build thread before so thought I should get the ball rolling before the mods begin :grin:
OK its not a Golf but the lure of a K04 powered Cupra was too much after having a K03 Leon TFSI Sport.

The car is more or less standard at the moment other than a Decat, and am enjoying it that way until January when a few choice mods will be going on.

The car was 4 months old when I bought it and had been the Managers car at Taunton Seat. I bought it over the phone without seeing it which was a bit of a gamble. They said it had 10K on the clock and no options but the price was fantastic so I parted with my savings in one shot. A moment of madness looking back, but i got a very nice surprise when the car was delivered . . . . . It only had 7.5k on the clock so didnt need the free service I had asked for, but the best bit was the factory options that they had failed to advertise . . . . Xenons, Parking sensors and Bluetooth . . . . . Wehey !!

The aim is to get to Stage 2+ very soon.

A few photo's of the car shortly after it was delivered, and one of the previous Leon that was a great car.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:39:48 am by jon-tfsi »
GOLF R Mk7

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Speed Blue Cupra TSI
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 12:43:46 pm »
Looks lovely, but are you sure its  a TSI though.  They write on the Golf R, Scirrocco R, Cupra R engines TSI but they are actually TFSI.  Same engine as the S3. 

I didnt think VAG had had fitted a k04 to the TSI yet, hence why the others reused the K04 TFSI

Offline jon-tfsi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 12:54:23 pm »
Yep your quite correct Si. Its a CDLD engine which is a TFSI. Its just the Vag rebranding to confuse everybody.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 12:56:29 pm by jon-tfsi »
GOLF R Mk7

Offline paulgrant

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 01:18:32 pm »
very nice mate !  :drool:

Offline jon-tfsi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 01:34:20 pm »
As I wanted to keep the warranty as intact as possible, fitting a TBE exhaust was not going to be the wisest option.
I had a spare standard downpipe kicking around that i had removed the cats from. This would have to be the next best thing . . . . never going to be as good as a full TBE but the best solution for me.

The first cat thats the biggest restriction IMO was removed with a hammer and chisel. Its ceramic so very brittle and quite easy to remove. The second cat was neatly cut open with a 7" grinder along the weld, the ceramic catalyst removed in the same way as the first. The can was very neatly welded back together by Peacho our welder. The end result is a downpipe that looks completely standard on the outside but flows much better.

Now its fitted you can feel the turbo kick in that little bit sooner and a bit harder too, even with standard software. The exhaust note is a bit sweeter and maybe 10 - 15% louder.
I had a Milltek TBE on the previous Leon but it always had fitment issues and knocked on the underpan. This obviously fits like a glove which I'm very happy about :laugh:

GOLF R Mk7

Offline jon-tfsi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 01:36:09 pm »
very nice mate !  :drool:

Thanks mate !
I wanted a Cupra for so long but it was worth the patience in the end
GOLF R Mk7

Saint Steve

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 02:08:04 pm »
Love the blue :happy2:

Offline jon-tfsi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 03:24:43 pm »
Love the blue :happy2:

Thanks  :smiley: The colour never fails to amaze me. It looks different from every angle and every day depending on the conditions. Im glad i didnt have to pay for the paint option. Still it was a much cheaper option than it would have been from Audi or the likes.
GOLF R Mk7

Offline jon-tfsi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 03:41:42 pm »
There has been a couple of minor changes in the interior. Would have loved factory SAT-NAV but i had my own cheapo Navigon unit that I have been very happy with. The windscreen is flippin miles away from the driver on the Leon, which made touchscreen systems a pain to use.
The Navigon unit has been mounted on the cowling in front of the instrument cluster, making it much easier to operate the touchscreen. Its also much easier to see as its central in the field of vision and there are no wires flapping about any more.
I also fitted some Aluminium Instrument Rings and half the Seat Alu door kit to the speakers to brighten things up a bit.

GOLF R Mk7

Offline damoegan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 04:08:32 pm »
Looks lovely, John  :happy2:

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 04:13:19 pm »
that is a really mean looking fecker !!
i was drooling over a white one last wkend........nice,verrrry nice mate.
look forward to some moar pics
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline jon-tfsi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 05:48:18 pm »
Thanks  :smiley: Looking forward to seeing some nice cars on the 29th at Motoscope  :wink:

Should have a bit more power by then i hope

moar pics soon Matsu  :grin:
GOLF R Mk7

Offline damoegan

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 05:52:48 pm »
Thanks  :smiley: Looking forward to seeing some nice cars on the 29th at Motoscope  :wink:

Should have a bit more power by then i hope

moar pics soon Matsu  :grin:

I just hope my clutch hold out for Motoscope, John  :sad1:

Offline jon-tfsi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 06:00:15 pm »
Always a worry of mine the clutch, as its expensive to replace . . . . . can always be replaced with something more substantial  :happy2:

I guess yours is starting to slip??
GOLF R Mk7

Offline damoegan

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 07:04:49 pm »
Aye, slipping at circa 5k, mainly in 4th and above. Its not too bad when the car is hot though.