Make a donation

Author Topic: RNS-510 PIN code  (Read 8277 times)

Offline GE90

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 3
RNS-510 PIN code
« on: December 17, 2010, 08:01:26 pm »
Hi, VW dealer has returned car with the RNS requesting a security code! Now, any ideas where I should expect to find it, as I cannot see it in any of the books etc. I have found a white sticker with a five digit number starting with a zero attached to the back of the black plastic tag with the key number on, could this be it? According to the guide it should be a four digit number. It looks like I get two attempts, so I could try it and leave the zero off.

Cheers!

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
Re: RNS-510 PIN code
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 08:09:32 pm »
No thats your key number the pin number should be in the audio manual unless the RNS has been retro fitted and pin that case if its not on top of the unit which you will have to take out, then your stumped unless!! VW have caused the PIN to show then ask them saying you have not got the code the RNS was working when it came into them and you want them to get the pin code for it,

Darren

Offline GE90

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 08:25:53 pm »
Hi Darren - I thought that the key number is the black sticker on the tag (six numbers starting with a letter), leaving the white sticker on the other side as possibly the radio code.....? The RNS is factory fit. No sign of it in the Navigation Guide, and there doesn't appear to be any space to record it!

Yep, if all else fails I will get the dealer to sort it, as they should really have done before I collected it!

Cheers!

Offline GE90

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 08:35:26 pm »
Right, I thought I would try the 'white sticker number' and it powered up fine - no code requested! Seems leaving it for a few hours has reset it somehow...

Cheers!

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 08:43:09 am »
 :happy2:

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 10:52:36 am »
Hmmmi was set to buy an RNS 510 on the bay without a code. So I won't be able to get the code for this then? No reset utility or anything like that,
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 06:35:23 pm »
A dealer can calculate the code but you may be asked provide ownership details.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 03:43:09 pm »
No thats your key number the pin number should be in the audio manual unless the RNS has been retro fitted and pin that case if its not on top of the unit which you will have to take out, then your stumped unless!! VW have caused the PIN to show then ask them saying you have not got the code the RNS was working when it came into them and you want them to get the pin code for it,

Darren

Cant your new cable do the code  :wink:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 09:05:38 pm »
Yes but not turned up yet although tracking numbers says still  in germany :santa:

Darren