Make a donation

Author Topic: Alternative build thread  (Read 872 times)

Offline keith

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
Alternative build thread
« on: December 17, 2010, 08:07:49 pm »
I got myself new premises after a lot faffing around. Local council wouldn't let me lease any of their units due the nature of my business but are fine with cleaning companies and hairdresser supplies companies but a mention car and cleaning they go no!. So i got this purely by accident, having tried to lease it in Jan this year but the letting company refused. Bought some stock from the owner direct and he offered me this so result....I think lol.
Its empty bar from a toilet and service cupboard, big elec roller door 896sqft.

Its in a nice area as well and has some other benefits thrown in which i wont bore you with lol. So were to start well some painting which has been fun, started of on the area by the rollers. I should have used some pva to seal the concrete bricks but I was assured that the paint would do the job this is after 1 coat.

I have since applied another 2 coats and extended to take in more of the walls. I plan to fit some low bay lighting which will hopefully help when  valeting as this unit has 3 uses - keep my stock, retail and valet bay. normal strip lighting would have been ok but having seen this used to good effect elsewhere i have decided that its my best option. Heres the rest of the unit where i plan to build a wee office. I will post some more as it evolves, dont know if its everones cup of tea lol

Offline damoegan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Re: Alternative build thread
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 08:14:14 pm »
Nice sized unit, Keith  :smiley:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 08:59:37 pm »
We were due to move to bigger premises in Feb 2011 but we have just had our business rates (council tax) confirmed on the new unit

£8600 a year after rebates :confused:

So may not be happening now :sad1:

Offline damoegan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 09:07:07 pm »
Where wer you looking at moving to, Dave? (I'm from the area)..