Make a donation

Author Topic: New DV fitted  (Read 2232 times)

Offline micaerin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
New DV fitted
« on: December 17, 2010, 08:35:19 pm »
I always felt that my car was'nt as fast as it should be, even mentioned it to VW when i got it serviced, they found nothing and said that i had just got used to the car. So after reading a few posts about the DV, i thought i would change mine to the D version. Wow now the car feels a lot quicker and more responsive. Thanks to this Forum :happy2:. on inspection of my old DV it had holes in the diaphragm. i will post some pics soon..

2007 GTI DSG, Xenon's, Armrest 6 Disc ,Rear Parking Sensors,Sunroof,Lux Pack,Cruise,Electric drivers seat,MFSW,RNS 510,Miltek Cat Back.

Offline matsu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: New DV fitted
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 09:27:55 pm »
when you say more responsive... is that across the full range or ?
ive always felt mine is a bit hesitant at times.esp pulling away but i have a new dv enroute :evilgrin:
fingers crossed this will sort it all out
thanks.
oh - has someone done a diy for this-any links helpful lol

matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline micaerin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 09:44:49 pm »
mine was like you say a bit hesitant but it seems to pull more across the range.

remove wheel on drivers side, and you can see it with a torch, 3x 5mm allen key bolts to remove. a little awkward but possible.
If you clean side of old DV whilst attached you can read version number mine was a B so i knew i needed to change it.

2007 GTI DSG, Xenon's, Armrest 6 Disc ,Rear Parking Sensors,Sunroof,Lux Pack,Cruise,Electric drivers seat,MFSW,RNS 510,Miltek Cat Back.

Offline micaerin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 11:42:01 am »

had holes all around

Offline paulgrant

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 01:12:25 pm »
something im looking at checking/doing on my leon

Offline POC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 01:45:53 pm »
Changed mine today for peace of mind, the one we removed was totally fine (but orange in colour where yours is gree?) so I will keep it as a spare. No noticable improvement in performance but I have lost a little of the whooosh/chatter through the intake.

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 04:59:25 pm »
march back to VW and show them that the DV was split and that they should have checked it.

When i first got my mk5gti about 4 years ago, it had a faulty DV and ended up paying about 150 in diagnostics at VW for them to turn around and say nothing was wrong. then i joined the old forum and swapped my DV, got my money straight back from the local stealer.

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,