Make a donation

Author Topic: Hi New GT Tsi 170 Owner  (Read 3052 times)

Offline garytc78

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Hi New GT Tsi 170 Owner
« on: December 18, 2010, 08:57:07 pm »
Hi all got my GT yesterday and i've got to say that I have owned some very fast cars in the past ie Integra DC5 and R26 Megane to name just 2
but these cars seem to be a fantastic compromise for someone like myself with a growing family.
My first thoughts are positive I like the power it's very smooth and nippy enough to keep me happy and that W (winter) button is fantastic
it really does do exactly what it says on the tin oh it also saves fuel as when I press it the mpg goes up and yes the power does go the other way
but blimey VW really have outdone themselves.
Other positives are the build quality is fantastic as the car looks and feels brand new even tho it's 4 yrs old and has 50k on it I just couldn't get over the
fact that I chopped in my 2008 R26 with 30k on it and as soon as I jumped in the golf it felt like I was driving a brand new car out the showroom
but I do think this has a lot to do with it's first owner who has looked after the car as will I but so far so good.
Could I just ask other owners what type of MPG they are getting as I took for a test drive I drove it in heavy traffic and then various speeds and I wasn't
being gentle and I returned 36 which for 40min drive half of which was stop start I thought was bloody good.
Also could somebody tell me was the auto dimming mirror std?
Some pics of my last and my current :)

Offline Rich

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
Re: Hi New GT Tsi 170 Owner
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 09:35:46 pm »
Hi,

I had a 1.4 TSi 170ps

Absolute great cars!!!  small engine for economy.. but impressive power performance being turbo & supercharged.

I remapped mine and got 191bhp... and being 20kgs lighter than a GTi, i kept up with a GTi down the slip road no problem... the owner of the GTi was a little shocked...

~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Offline garytc78

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 09:45:17 pm »
I have looked at the revo remap and it says 205bhp so may do that next year but gonna buy a RNS510 first :)

Nasir

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 11:22:31 am »
Nice car, auto dipping mirror was standard but dual zone climate control was not.

Offline garytc78

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 12:17:29 pm »
Yeah I think the car has a couple of options like climate and reversing sensors but not sure if it has anything else.
Do they come with auto lights as std?

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 03:09:01 pm »
There's a fair bit Golfs come with as standard, but a fair bit that aren't available even as optional extras.

Hi and welcome.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 03:52:34 pm »
welcome :happy2:

Nasir

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 06:28:54 pm »
Yes auto lights are standard along with the auto wipers.

Offline garytc78

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 08:08:59 pm »
What do you need to do to make the auto wipers work because mine only seem to have the intermittent,normal and fast speed?

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 08:21:12 pm »
One click up from off I believe....

Although I don't use mine because they tend to wipe when the screens clear and not wipe when its not!!  :stupid:
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline garytc78

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 09:10:48 pm »
Cheers Apollo another question if you don't mind :)
I see you have the RNS 510 installed so can I ask how did you solve the battery drain issue as I'm looking at getting the
new LED one but only if I can solve the drain issue  :happy2:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 10:16:10 pm »
I have changed my can gateway for a newer revision AF.

If you have rev K or L you will get battery drain (not all K's but its a grey area). You'll need to scan your car with VCDS or just fit the RNS and see by trial and error. There is a VCDS owners register on here if you need to find someone with it.  :happy2:

Other than that you can run modified firmware on an old gateway but I did'nt like that idea to be honest, but I know many do with no problems.

Lee.

I have just seen your car is a 56 plate. You'll def get the battery drain. Mine is 55 plate and I had revision S gateway.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 10:21:19 pm by apollo13 »
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline York_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 09:16:57 am »
Welcome to the site! 

The Megane looks great (although perhaps I shouldn't say that on here....).
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (North Yorkshire)

Carbon Steel Grey 5 door 2010 (60) Golf MK6 GTi DSG / Leather / RCD510 / 18" Monza Alloys

Carbon Steel Grey 3 door 2011 Golf MK6 GTD DSG / RNS510 / Leather (NOW SOLD)

Tornado Red 5 door 2009 Golf MK6 GTi DSG / 18" Monza Alloys / PDT Stage 1 Remap - 261 BHP (NOW SOLD)

Black 3 door 2006 Golf MK5 GTi Manual / 18" Monza Alloys / PDT Stage 1 Remap & HPFP - 262 BHP (NOW SOLD)

Offline garytc78

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 11:02:25 am »
The Megane was very good but it just seemed to be costing to much to run and I did need the
Extra 2 doors plus I didn't realise how bad the build quality was compared to the golf its like
Driving a new car plus its 2 years older than the Megane  :xmassmiley: :xmassmiley:

Offline Gtikenny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 01:00:28 pm »
welcome  :smiley: