Make a donation

Author Topic: DaBoy3000's GT Tdi 140+ *March 2012 loads of new pics/updates on page 4*  (Read 16731 times)

Offline paul896

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: DaBoy3000's Oil Burner
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2011, 03:19:20 pm »
not really too sure mate. i have leather in mine but suffer from a similar problem, everything in there is black. black dashboard, seats, carpets, mats, headlining....everything!

gloss black would be nice, but defo agree. its a lot of work to do it to get it right.i painted the interior of my Coupe (Ford Stardust silver) and turned out pretty well, but it took a lot of work

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 9
  • MKV GT TDi
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2011, 03:25:54 pm »
I did the centre console of my Boxster in the same colour as the exterior and it looked the nuts, you just need to take your time with the prep work

Offline ripmateyy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2011, 08:27:49 pm »
Car looks beaut man! Are they the eos alloys? I thought about doing this for my golf but I'm thinking R32 alloys for me  :drool:

Is your bumper genuine parts? How long did it take?

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • MKV GT TDi
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2011, 08:36:58 am »
Cheers mate.

I believe they are from the EOS and Passat Coupe they are called Chicago Lightweight,  would have normally come in two tone with dark grey inside and polished faces but I think they were refurbed(badly) at some point, would love to get them back to the original look.  I do like the R32 wheels too.

The bumper is from Xparts in Germany, it's a very good copy but not quite as well made as OEM and it comes with the lower spoiler/splitter moulded onto the bumper.

How long did it take to do what buddy?

Offline ripmateyy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2011, 05:32:42 pm »
Cheers mate.

I believe they are from the EOS and Passat Coupe they are called Chicago Lightweight,  would have normally come in two tone with dark grey inside and polished faces but I think they were refurbed(badly) at some point, would love to get them back to the original look.  I do like the R32 wheels too.

The bumper is from Xparts in Germany, it's a very good copy but not quite as well made as OEM and it comes with the lower spoiler/splitter moulded onto the bumper.

Change the bumper over. Was thinking of putting a GT sport grill on mine woth gti lowers but i dont know how much work is involved. Theres a couple of threads about it but they make it look a bit TOO easy! The other thing that gets me is changing the crash pad bit so the tow eyes match up! Haha

should just get on a do it  :smiley:

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • MKV GT TDi
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2011, 06:02:13 pm »
It took 3 weeks!!  :laugh:

....well, about an hour really, first fitting didn't take long but it wasn't fitting perfectly, but well enough to stay on.  a week or so after the car went to the garage for the paintwork and a few other bits and while it was there they trimmed the bumper a little to get it to fit flush.

3 weeks after the bumper arrived I got my car back all painted up and looking lovely.

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2011, 06:25:54 pm »
Cheers mate.

Very similar to vRS Neptunes, I am refurbing my vRS Zeniths currently and may try them out on the Golf.  :wink:

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • MKV GT TDi
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2012, 10:18:24 am »
It's been a while since I've updated this page, there have been a few changes with the exterior and interior but I'm waiting until I have finished refurbing my wheels before I get the pics up.

I did have a go at vinyl wrapping though, my first attempt and although it looks perfect in the pic its could be a bit better.  The only issue i'm having is it's reflecting off the windscreen so I might have to go with piano black and I will probably paint it.  I think in the long run I will get a better and long lasting finish.

Offline RSam84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: DaBoy3000's Oil Burner *Jan update*
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2012, 07:07:13 pm »
That looks nice, i reckon piano black will be really good

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • MKV GT TDi
Re: DaBoy3000's Oil Burner *Jan update*
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2012, 03:56:07 pm »
A few changes over the winter and have been waiting for a good day for the pics.  Finally finished restoring my wheels and found a good day to fit them.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 03:58:14 pm by daboy3000 »

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • MKV GT TDi
So over the last few months the Gti interior has gone in, the rear spoiler was all painted up and fitted and I have had THS decat downpipe fitted which makes the car respond a touch better and feels like it has a bit more power.

I refurbed the Chicago's over the winter and i'm very happy with the results, as you can see from the pics they look like new.  The only thing I would have done better is more lacquer, but I was worried that if I put too much on then I wouldn't get the bolts through the holes.

Over the next few weeks I hope to eliminate a few annoying rattles, get a wheel bearing replaced and get the front wheels balanced.  I also have a badgeless grill on the way but i'm not sure if I'm going to like it due to the cut out on the bonnet.

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • MKV GT TDi
Trying on a new grill.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
Good to meet you today Ben, some cracking little touches to your motor. I really like the badging and the Chicago wheels in particular.  :happy2:

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • MKV GT TDi
Cheers, I do love the colour of your car, it's not as common as us Reflex Silver and Diamond Black folk, when you have it detailed it's going to really sparkle.  Look forward to seeing what you have done at the next meet.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
Cheers Ben, the sun totally changes the colour. I'm looking forward to getting it looking mint, but the next time you see it, the only changes will be under the bonnet!  :evilgrin:

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.