Make a donation

Author Topic: Sold my car,update-new car ordered  (Read 7537 times)

Offline Matthew.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Sold my car,update-new car ordered
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2011, 12:58:06 pm »
What size are the wheels, 17's? They look lost in the arches, maybe a drop will sort this...

Great all-rounder, if not a tad ugly lol  :P
2006 Golf GTI - Diamond Black Pearl - Edition 30 Pescaras - Armrest - CD Multi-changer - Colour Coded Rear Valance

Progress thread - http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,65230.new.html#new

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2011, 04:51:42 pm »
I've just been down my local dealer and test-drove one, very nice to drive. Didn't realise they had a VAT free offer on aswell. They had a specced up one in their showroom they offered me for £13600 but there was no climate and it had black wheels and was blue with a white roof (not for me)! They are looking into the price of the S2000 model for me aswell. I've specced a seperate one up but he's looking into what build date it might be because it needs to be before the end of April to qualify for the VAT free offer! If he comes back with the right dates and the right figures I could be tempted!

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2011, 06:30:53 pm »
I've just been down my local dealer and test-drove one, very nice to drive. Didn't realise they had a VAT free offer on aswell. They had a specced up one in their showroom they offered me for £13600 but there was no climate and it had black wheels and was blue with a white roof (not for me)! They are looking into the price of the S2000 model for me aswell. I've specced a seperate one up but he's looking into what build date it might be because it needs to be before the end of April to qualify for the VAT free offer! If he comes back with the right dates and the right figures I could be tempted!

Matt
dude!!!! thats two of you that have gone from renaultsport idea to skoda!!! :signLOL: to be fair i get the idea of the small engine with todays running costs, they seem a good buy for an all rounder at that money :happy2: still not got the soul of a little clio :P
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2011, 07:45:27 pm »
I know, in the end the Clio just seemed a little (dare I say it) basic inside for when I'm on long journeys. Still not totally ruled out but to be honest, I'll probably end up in a MK5 GTI DSG (talk about going round in circles lol)

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2011, 08:30:34 pm »
the way i see it, whilst the clio is the most dynamic in its class, the others(cupra/vRS/polo GTI) wont be too far behind.  Nothing that a few choice mods would sort out.  then when you bring in the running costs, the VAT free offer and the build quality etc its a no brainer to me.

Add a good rear anti roll bar (lots on the market already as the rear beam is identical to the mk4 ibiza cupra), some eibach springs(whichare skoda approved) and a stage 1 REVO+ intake(215-220hp) for less than £750 you have made a good car a very good car, which could potentially hold its own with the clio(maybe not the cup etc).  maybe some poly bushes to give some more feel to the steering could help.

Even with all these mods, it still works out cheaper to buy and mod than to just buy the clio.  I like the underdog

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2011, 06:26:26 pm »
Cars getting built between 4-10th april.  So looking at a may/june delivery i reckon

Heres some cheeky little gains from the REVO stage 1.  REVO obviously thought it best not to fiddle with the supercharger settings.  Theres zero change below 3500pm which is where the supercharger operates.  maybe torque was an issue with it?

Miltek have released their turbo back exhaust and are now working with revo for the mapping now.  Come on the stage 2!!!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 06:30:12 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2011, 06:55:41 pm »
There is a gap in the power as the supercharger quits at 2400rpm and the Turbo doesn't kick in until 3500rpm

Apparently this is done for efficiency and economy.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2011, 07:04:20 pm »
supercharger runs until 3500rpm.  turbo is always running as its driven by exhaust gases, but takes over fully @ the 3500rpm. 

The reason for a twincharger engine is you can use a slightly bigger turbo and use the supercharger to spool it up, and therefore omit the lag

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2011, 01:07:19 am »
whats the insurance like on the skoda. On the bocanegra its silly cheap, dis some quotes for the GF and its a third of the price to insure compared to a clio sport or mini cooper s.

The bocanegra was 650, the MCS 1400 and the Clio sport 1500. Did one for her on the TTRS and it was 2800  :grin:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2011, 01:12:16 am »
theres a thread on SCN about the insurance.  they should be group 14, however it looks like DVLA have fooked up, as all the systems from insurance companies though to thatcham security databases all ahve it down as a group 4 insurance car.

They'll cotton on eventually though.