Make a donation

Author Topic: Warning to those that dont declare mods to insurance  (Read 44486 times)

Offline Tinytim

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Warning to those that dont declare mods to insurance
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2011, 08:52:47 pm »

Volkswagen supplied me with 88Y tyres, i'm changing to 92Y which is what should be only car... a modification? Also removed the badges from the boot... is this a mod I should declare and will it reduce my premiums as it's advertising it as a gti less...?

....I think you know already the answer to your question.

No I don't which is why I asked it...

It's a legit question. Insurers will find any way they can to get out of making a pay out.
I once heard a shocking story, not sure how true it is, but apparently a MKII golf driver put a Gti badge on a non Gti.
Said driver had an accident and the insurance company refused to pay out.

Personally I think this is absolutely scandalous.

I am sure once a car is over a few years old any car is going to have some slight difference to when it left the factory.
If insurance companies are going to continue like this and wriggle out of paying for every claim thn the insurance isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Another shocking thing they do for extra money is sell on details of accidents to injury claim companies who then harass people into making false claims which in turn pushes everyone's insurance up.