Make a donation

Author Topic: Footy Fans - Your seasons so far  (Read 6403 times)

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
Re: Footy Fans - Your seasons so far
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 11:15:40 am »
Another lower league fan here. i support Liverpool.  :sad1:

Same here. I got quite excited this morning when I heard that Roy had been sacked. Then I found out it was Keane, not Hodgson.... Also support the local side, Chelmsford City (kind of have to really, apart from anything else I'm one of their youth coaches...) Fortunately, they're doing better - 6th in BSQ South, four games in hand and a sniff of promotion in the air....

You can get excited again markfive, Woy has left the building!

Offline markfive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
  • You ain't seen me, right?
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 11:18:45 am »
Another lower league fan here. i support Liverpool.  :sad1:

Same here. I got quite excited this morning when I heard that Roy had been sacked. Then I found out it was Keane, not Hodgson.... Also support the local side, Chelmsford City (kind of have to really, apart from anything else I'm one of their youth coaches...) Fortunately, they're doing better - 6th in BSQ South, four games in hand and a sniff of promotion in the air....

You can get excited again markfive, Woy has left the building!

Lol love the timing if you read my last post, that news has broken in the last 5 mins.... it's a shame in some ways but like I said something had to break the spiral.
'57 DSG GTI alas now gone, but not forgotten....
Now motorway cruising in a 61 Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.2 TDCi. 500+ miles to a tankful and bucketloads of torque :O Ok, it's not a GTI but it's fun... and that's what counts ;)

Offline Moschops

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 11:35:47 am »
Well it's happended....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9350630.stm

No real surprise given the last few results.  :ashamed:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 11:38:31 am »
Well it's happended....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9350630.stm

No real surprise given the last few results.  :ashamed:

Shame really. IMHO, Dalglish is past it. All he can do now is prove me wrong!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 12:06:49 pm »
Liverpool's problem won't be staying up, it will be keeping hold of players next summer who want Champions League football.

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 12:13:37 pm »
GLASGOW RANGERS
we are the people
Sig to big.

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 12:41:07 pm »
R.I.P Dale Roberts - such a waste. Being a Forest Fan & season ticket holder i know how talented he was.

Our season is begining to get momentum. Beating Derby 5-2 after christmas a highlight!!! Unbeaten at home (Stretching 31 games now) and we're starting to pick up wins away now too.  Just need to make a couple of quality signings and hopefully we can make a step forward from last seasons playoff failure.

Lets just hope we dont repeat last season where the wheels came off towards the end!

You're right fella, he was a very talented Goalie. A genuinely lovely bloke too, always smiling. Truth be said, he was probably a little too good for us and a move to a league one/league two side was probably not far round the corner for him. Such a tragic story  :sad1:

Ive always had a soft spot for Forest as my uncle used to be a season ticket holder there too in his youth  :happy2: I used to be a big fan of Kris Commons, but I'm not now  :laugh:

Another lower league fan here - my team's Lincoln City.  Born and grew up in the city so they're my team by law and not Chelski, Liverpool or Dubai City!
We're not doing too well at the moment.  Third bottom of League 2 but it's only the goal difference that puts us above Hereford and Barnet.
We're regrouping following the recent appointment of ex-Sarfend gaffer Steve Tilson following a woeful year under newbie manager and ex-Blackburn and Celtic striker Chris Sutton.
The weather put paid to all matches in December and we're playing Hereford tomorrow in a FA Cup 2nd round replay on 3rd round weekend as the fixture pile up kicks in.

Very sad about your young keeper Pete.   You had our old goalie Alan Marriott there for a bit who I rated as one of the best keepers I've seen play for the Imps in recent years.
Not sure how he fared for your lot and I know he's suffered with injury since going to Mansfield.  

Good to see another lower league fan JJ  :happy2:

Marriott is also a very talented goalkeeper. He was solidly number one when we had him and tbh, if he got over his injuries I think we'd have him back in a flash now considering our recent happenings. We're currently playing Joe Day as No.1, a product of our youth system. Good shot stopper, but inexperienced and this shows in his kicking. Always bit of a deep breath when a back pass goes his way  :scared:

I'm glad Tilson went to you lot cause I was very concerned you were going to pilfer our gaffer, Justin Edinburgh!  :scared:  :wink:
I hope you lot stay up for the sake of your financial situation and future, but it would be good to play you lot again sometime soon at the same time.

I assume you always hope sides in our league beat Grimsby?  :grin:

> Not surprised Hodgsons gone. You don't get time at a club like that. I think it was a bad career move IMO. As said already, he inherited a very average squad. We've seen in the last 3 months that without Gerrard, they struggle hugely. Torres is lost without SG in the side and they can't rely on one player for goals/drive anymore. I don't think Carragher, Reyna and Skrtel really influence like they used to anymore.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Saint Steve

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 02:21:46 pm »
Saints FC- don't know too much about football but... started season with -10 points,currently 2nd in the table. Can't be bad (just hope it stays that way!)...  :pomppomp:
Big Southampton fan here swell.

Dumped Blackpool of the premiership out yesterday from the FA cup.Went and watched the game after receiving complimentary free tickets from one of the Saints first team players after fitting his Sky tv system in for him.

Happy times down south currently. Portsmouth looking like delegation candidates, and Bournemouth/Brighton also occupying the top 3 positions in league 1. :congrats:

Mandy.............. That was last season with - 10 points :signLOL:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 02:24:48 pm by Saint Steve »

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2011, 04:36:51 pm »
KILMARNOCK F.C 4th in the league, due to hump glasgow rangers (no point putting it in capitals not worth it) tomorrow night!!! Mon the Killie boys!!!!!  :party:

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 04:40:06 pm »
Im a Newcastle fan, although born in Liverpool so in fairness I do hold them a very close 2nd!

So the seasons been crap so far, firstly Houghton should never have been sacked, secondly Pardew NEVER should have been appointed.

I don't care about going out of the FA cup to Stevenage though, as we'd only end up getting knocked out by Arsenal / Utd / Chelsea in a further round.

As for Liverpool, not sure on Kenny's appointment, Hodgson should never have got the job, and I don't think Kenny will do a great deal, but then I guess it depends who he can bring in / if anyone this month.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 04:50:02 pm »

So the seasons been crap so far, firstly Houghton should never have been sacked, secondly Pardew NEVER should have been appointed.

Crap? Seriously? I think we're doing extremely well to currently be 8th in the League. The only remit you could set this year was Premiership survival. So there has been a few iffy results but also some great wins. Remember Arsenal, Villa, Sunderland, West Ham? It's the unrealistic fans that give NUFC a bad name.

Saint Steve

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 05:00:17 pm »
Watch out with pardew all you newcastle fans.

Do you know why he got the sack from southampton?? and Charlton for the same reason.

All i will say is i hope the players wife's arent tempted by his off the pitch antic's  :fighting: :fighting:

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 05:39:06 pm »

Crap? Seriously? I think we're doing extremely well to currently be 8th in the League. The only remit you could set this year was Premiership survival. So there has been a few iffy results but also some great wins. Remember Arsenal, Villa, Sunderland, West Ham? It's the unrealistic fans that give NUFC a bad name.

Well theres been a few good results, but im not being unrealistic, I just don't think as a Newcastle fan you can relax;

a) because of the owner who is unpredictable and just cannot be trusted

b) because some good wins (I admit) are always followed by rubbish, Stevenage yesterday on the back of thrashing West Ham 5-0 (my personal result of the season so far! As I can't stand West Ham)

We'd beat Arsenal, then lose to Blackpool at home, followed by a 0-0 to Fulham, or we lose to Blackburn at home! No consistency!

I don't expect Champions league or Europe, survival this season is the idea, however just defies logic how we can be good one day, and rubbish the next!

Offline chip20

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
    • http://absolutevaletinguk.co.uk/
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 06:56:57 pm »
Owen Coyles super white army  :happy2:

karlv