Make a donation

Author Topic: Mini Cooper D winter detail  (Read 1828 times)

Offline craigy123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
Mini Cooper D winter detail
« on: January 11, 2011, 03:33:31 pm »
Not put a post up in a while so thought i would stick up a quick one from today, A Mini Cooper D.

Products used
Bilberry wheel cleaner
Megs APC
Megs de-greaser
Megs last touch
Megs all season dressing
Dodo supernatural shampoo
AG fast glass
CG jetseal 109
CG Petes 53
Carious brushes
EZ detail wheel brush
Poorboys plush drying towels

No during pictures due to the fact my fingers were that cold i couldnt work my camera..............
Before

After

Before pics

First up was the wheels, given a good rinse with the power washer to remove most of the builtr up grit and salt, then given a soak in Bilberry and worked in with various brushes.
The car was then given a good rinse down, lower half soaked in Megs de-greaser and then foamed with Megs APC due to the build up of salt. While this was dwelling the badges and shuts etc were cleaned with a swissvax detail brush.
This was then power rinse off, the car was then washed 2BM with a sonus mitt and dodo supernatural shampoo. The car was then rinsed again.
The car was then sprayed with Megs last touch to help the drying process. Window seals, roof gutters, wing mirrors etc were blown out with an airline.

The car was then given a coat of a coat of CG jetseal 109, while this was bonding, i dressed the plastics with Megs all seasons dressing and polished the tailpipe. The 109 was then removed with a plush towel, i then cleaned with glass with a glass towel and AG fast glass.
The car was then given a layer of CG petes 53 and the tyres dressed with duragloss.

Finished car

Any questions feel free to ask

Craig

PM for details

Offline Truckie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Formula Hot Laps
Re: Mini Cooper D winter detail
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 08:02:34 pm »
What you upto this weekend?  :signLOL:

Offline craigy123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 09:03:06 pm »
What you upto this weekend?  :signLOL:

Autosport show ya fruiter!

PM for details

Offline keith

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 08:40:35 pm »
Good mate, you should try the valet pro dionysus trim glitz on the exterior trim/plastics last longer than the megs, be cheaper as well. how was the duragloss wheel stuff got their wet look version in as well.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 09:07:58 pm »
looking good mate..but have you noticed people can't put thier car in the garage because of the junk they store :signLOL:

Offline craigy123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 10:05:32 pm »
looking good mate..but have you noticed people can't put thier car in the garage because of the junk they store :signLOL:

It's my girlfriends dads garage! It's a double garage, all that's in it is a motorbike!! Haha.

I'll need to give that a go Keith, I'll get some next time I'm through. It leaves a very nice matt finish, exactly what I'm after.  :happy2:

PM for details