Make a donation

Author Topic: What is noisiest? Help please?  (Read 3781 times)

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 3
  • Oot n By all the Keyboard Warriors
Re: What is noisiest? Help please?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 11:31:47 pm »
Been running the Bsh Trueseal for over a year now and love it the sounds the best part about it :party: you'll always get that sound with an open cone filter, Also came up trumps when on the dyno  :smiley: Proofs in the pudding :driver:
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 11:19:15 am »
As Sy says, my Twintake isn't as loud as some folks were expecting but most have only heard it from outside the car. From inside, where the sound matters more to me, it sits well balanced in the sound mix. I didn't want an intake which overpowers the Grrrrr from my engine mounts or to detract from my Milltek. Like my car's driver, it's classy and sophisticated  :laugh:

As I've said many times before, sound is very subjective and we each have our own preferences. By all accounts, ITG appears to be the loudest currently.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline johnston

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 01:33:48 am »
well cheers for the replys gents, i have took on board what has been said but...
in the end i opted for the twintake, purley for the looks! I'm just hoping i will get some noise from the stock dv, heard a few vids of the forge spacer and not to keen on the sound, and after driving a evo 8 today, really want some tsssssch!  :grin:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 09:48:55 am »

well cheers for the replys gents, i have took on board what has been said but...
in the end i opted for the twintake, purley for the looks! I'm just hoping i will get some noise from the stock dv, heard a few vids of the forge spacer and not to keen on the sound, and after driving a evo 8 today, really want some tsssssch!  :grin:

....I haven't driven an Evo to be able to compare but the Forge spacer sound would quickly irritate me and it also attracts a lot of attention from pedestrians. It's nice when people notice your car and admire it but not when it's due to chavvy noises, imo.

I hope you're not disappointed with the Twintake sound, you certainly won't be disappointed with its build quality, you can hear it but I doubt it's as loud as an Evo because everything on them is loud! Or am I mixing them up with Scooby's?

Take care to orientate the Twintake filter cans the recommended right way - Should be on their latest instructions downloadable pdf from Forge UK web site.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline johnston

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2011, 08:59:06 pm »
I'm sure i wont be dissapointed, looks a great piece of kit!
Think i will be tarting up my bay a bit now i will have somthing to show off, really like the look of yours RR, think i will be going along the same lines, but probs with a chopped up original cover, is it the osir carbon bit you have?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 10:50:22 pm »

Think i will be tarting up my bay a bit now i will have somthing to show off, really like the look of yours RR, think i will be going along the same lines, but probs with a chopped up original cover, is it the osir carbon bit you have?

....Yep, the carbon strip is OSIR and unfortunately expensive. It comes without any VW logo too. Good idea to fix any centre strip to engine cover with Tiger Seal to stop rattling.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 10:52:17 pm by RedRobin »