Make a donation

Author Topic: How Fcuking hard  (Read 3201 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
How Fcuking hard
« on: February 12, 2011, 07:09:11 pm »
Well I finally got to Level 30 on GT5 today (after doing Indy 500 endurance for the second time to get the points)

Unlocked the Sebastien Vettel Challenge.

You need to get at least bronze in each challenge on the Nurburgring GP, Monza & Suzuka tracks to be awarded the X1 car (or you can wait to get to level 40 experience and buy it for £20million :surprised: or get your B-Spec level to 35 and you get one then but B-spec is so f*cking boring)

Well I have spent nearly 4 hours trying to beat the 2mins 14 needed. Oh and you have an out lap from the pits and a flying lap to do (on all tracks) in 2mins 14.

It is nigh on impossible. I've only tried Nurburgring GP so far and I can't get any closer than 5 secs off. I'm using the controller not a steering wheel and looking online it seems everyone who does it uses a wheel.

You just can't be precise enough with the analogue stick I've tried all sorts of configurations. The main problem is if you go off the track at all you get disqualified even if it would slow you down.

Looks like I'm going to upset the wife tomorrow as this is not going to beat me :driver:

Anyone any tips  (apart from drive faster :laugh:)

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
Re: How Fcuking hard
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 07:23:12 pm »
 :surprised: - Respect for time spent and technique there Carlos.

Definitely invest in a wheel, even if it's just to tie you over for that race. Can't the more basic wheels be had for a good price?
I know all the yanks that record massive drifting scores all use a wheel so that must be step one to improved times as well.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:26:59 pm by rdfcpete »
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 07:50:08 pm »
Cheers Pete,

Thing is i've Golded every level and I'm only left with Endurance to do. It was bad enough doing Indy 500 twice. 400 laps of an oval track is just boring as hell. Yet ive only just got to level 30. However I am only at Level 3 on B-Spec.

With wheels even a cheap one that is fairly decent is around £60-80. Bit much to do 7 minutes of work with  :laugh:

I probably just need to keep practicing but I haven't found anyone online yet who has done the challenge with Pad :sad1:

Might just have to leave Bob (my B-Spec driver) doing race after race for the next couple of days and let him get to level 35. Then get the car for free so I can practice with it.

The Gold Times are apparently Vettel's which are unfair as he no doubt set them with some fancy wheel setup and his reaction times are faster than a ferret on speed!!

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 07:54:24 pm »
my lap times are generally 10% quicker with the wheel, get one  :wink:

it may need coding with VCDS though....

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 07:56:23 pm »
I managed it last weekend, took me a few evenings after work to finally do it and that is with a wheel

Monza is the easiest to do as you can kind of cut the small chicane which saves you time, only tips i can offer is late braking and some times just taking your foot off the throttle before corners and then accelerate out of the corners sooner as the downforce is immense, it takes a while to build up the confidence to take them almost flat out.

Its just a matter of practice, but you need a wheel as i believe its nigh on impossible without one

Ive only managed bronze in them so far, come close to silver in monza but way off on the other tracks, worth it in the end as you can then stick some soft slicks then increase the downforce and have a bash at the ring - best time so far 4.19
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 08:00:26 pm »
my lap times are generally 10% quicker with the wheel, get one  :wink:

it may need coding with VCDS though....

I'll be alright then if it needs VCDS.

Have you mapped yours to get the extra 10% :P

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 08:01:44 pm »
I managed it last weekend, took me a few evenings after work to finally do it and that is with a wheel

Monza is the easiest to do as you can kind of cut the small chicane which saves you time, only tips i can offer is late braking and some times just taking your foot off the throttle before corners and then accelerate out of the corners sooner as the downforce is immense, it takes a while to build up the confidence to take them almost flat out.

Its just a matter of practice, but you need a wheel as i believe its nigh on impossible without one

Ive only managed bronze in them so far, come close to silver in monza but way off on the other tracks, worth it in the end as you can then stick some soft slicks then increase the downforce and have a bash at the ring - best time so far 4.19

Cheers.

Looks like I may be investing in a wheel :sad1:

Still going to spend all day tomorrow attempting it with the Pad :driver: :driver:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 08:03:57 pm »
I tried to map it but I failed, couldnt get it to communicate with VCDS properly, then the MFSW stopped working, must be my can gateway in the PS3.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 08:13:26 pm »
The problem is you will have the wrong Slip Ring controller for the MFSW.

The Can-Gateway has nowt to do with it :booty:

Offline alex_chung

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 11:08:39 pm »
Nice one! Well done! I just completed the 4 hour enduracne race in the MX5 today. Man I was so bored about 40 laps in (completed 220 in the end)
God knows how I am going to the rest of them!
Alex

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 11:09:42 pm »
I remember the longer races on GT3. I just paused it and went down the shops.  :wink:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 06:27:55 pm »
Well after persevering all day :laugh: I finally did it.  :pomppomp: :pomppomp: :pomppomp:

Now i can annihilate everyone  :evilgrin:

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 12:17:57 am »
Top effort  :happy2:

I think if you manage to win those kind of races with the controller and not a wheel it adds a bit of extra merit and achievement.

I can't better 20,000 drift points with the controller in the IS-F on most circuits  :rolleye:. All the yanks use a wheel and hit double that in the US muscle stuff.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 04:42:17 am »
Top effort  :happy2:

I think if you manage to win those kind of races with the controller and not a wheel it adds a bit of extra merit and achievement.

I can't better 20,000 drift points with the controller in the IS-F on most circuits  :rolleye:. All the yanks use a wheel and hit double that in the US muscle stuff.

Lol I had a quick go at drifting and managed 1200  :grin:

I'm still going to have to get a wheel. It's almost impossible to race with a Pad. The fact I did the challenge is pure fluke more than skill.  I could never string 2 laps together more than once. For every 2 laps I did manage to string together I probably fcuked up 50 :sad1:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 04:46:36 am by vRS Carl »