Make a donation

Author Topic: Autotech vs APR HPFP  (Read 51835 times)

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Autotech vs APR HPFP
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2012, 09:56:52 am »
APR... I'm 100% sure of that.

In which case an extra £50 could have gotten him a 2+ map...   :scared:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2012, 10:00:41 am »
Logging at JKM yesterday has shown that my stock fuel pump was struggling occasionally even with my boost turned down a notch on Revo2 to compensate for the extra air delivery from my Forge Twintake. So I've had to put my money where my mouth has always been regarding the HPFP subject. This has allowed my Revo boost setting to return back up to how it was.

Which one have you gone for RR, or have i missed it?  :party:

....There was a big clue in my post, Jake  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2012, 10:04:50 am »

....You're not wrong!

Plus a new Cam Follower although it actually didn't need replacing yet - Only very minor signs of wear. It's called preventative maintenance.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #153 on: April 05, 2012, 10:05:45 am »
So is your car running normal now Robin?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #154 on: April 05, 2012, 10:07:50 am »

In which case an extra £50 could have gotten him a 2+ map...   :scared:

....You're a very, very, very bad influence! (and a credit to this forum's ward for those on the slippery slope of modding).

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #155 on: April 05, 2012, 10:15:18 am »

....Not quite. New MAF needed and being fitted next thursday on the way to our evening meet (unless you have given birth!).

I was getting slight fuel 'starvation' rather than abrupt cuts - When making progress hard it was very subtley delaying during the process of meeting the requests. Very much a result of the extra efficiency of my Forge Twintake.

Beginning to feel smoother already (only 90 miles since HPFP) and nice acceleration from higher speeds  :wink:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 10:18:49 am by RedRobin »

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2012, 11:31:59 am »
unless you have given birth!

That would be a miracle considering its my wife who is pregnant  :P :grin:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #157 on: April 05, 2012, 11:37:51 am »

....Not quite. New MAF needed and being fitted next thursday on the way to our evening meet (unless you have given birth!).

I was getting slight fuel 'starvation' rather than abrupt cuts - When making progress hard it was very subtley delaying during the process of meeting the requests. Very much a result of the extra efficiency of my Forge Twintake.

Beginning to feel smoother already (only 90 miles since HPFP) and nice acceleration from higher speeds  :wink:

To be fair a hpfp will make a difference with any Revo map.

Perish the thought of those people adding intakes and then not logging the car or noticing that car is telling them to back off.  :scared:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #158 on: April 05, 2012, 11:55:09 am »
are you plumping for the stage 2+ mp then robin?  YOu might as well, you have all the supporting mods to be able to handle the extra power and put it to the tarmac

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #159 on: April 05, 2012, 01:27:24 pm »

are you plumping for the stage 2+ mp then robin?  YOu might as well, you have all the supporting mods to be able to handle the extra power and put it to the tarmac

....Still undecided. You may have noticed that I'm a late developer! OAP goes for Stage2+? :grin:

Yes, I have the supporting mods, though not an intercooler. But I need to keep the car and don't want to reduce its longevity. I think I should start another thread rather than take this one off topic.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #160 on: April 05, 2012, 01:46:26 pm »
well you might as well take the plunge and get an intercooler, something as simple as the S3  cooler would be sufficient :innocent:

You dont have to have your settings maxed out anyway.  I think you wont be loosing longevity tbh.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2012, 04:45:47 pm »

well you might as well take the plunge and get an intercooler, something as simple as the S3  cooler would be sufficient :innocent:

You dont have to have your settings maxed out anyway.  I think you wont be losing longevity tbh.

....Just two words why I won't be moving to Stage 2+ (for now at least): Clutch Packs! - I'm on DSG and the torque would get up'd.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #162 on: April 05, 2012, 04:51:03 pm »

well you might as well take the plunge and get an intercooler, something as simple as the S3  cooler would be sufficient :innocent:

You dont have to have your settings maxed out anyway.  I think you wont be losing longevity tbh.

....Just two words why I won't be moving to Stage 2+ (for now at least): Clutch Packs! - I'm on DSG and the torque would get up'd.

The DSG can handle way more power than you would have at 2+ Robin, lots of ED 30 boys with DSG have gone down this route and i cant think of one with clutch problems. Hurdy tried to beat his DSG with a baseball bat and it was mostly working perfectly.  :happy2:

Just my opinion Robin, but you dont drive anywhere near the capabilities of you engine as it is, not many people do unless you are on track, if you went 2+ it would only get used for numbers on the dyno days.  :wink:
Stage 2 is more than enough for your needs. IMO.  :wink:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: April 05, 2012, 05:00:43 pm »
^^^^ This.......

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #164 on: April 05, 2012, 05:04:04 pm »

The DSG can handle way more power than you would have at 2+ Robin, lots of ED 30 boys with DSG have gone down this route and i cant think of one with clutch problems. Hurdy tried to beat his DSG with a baseball bat and it was mostly working perfectly.  :happy2:

Just my opinion Robin, but you dont drive anywhere near the capabilities of you engine as it is, not many people do unless you are on track, if you went 2+ it would only get used for numbers on the dyno days.  :wink:

Stage 2 is more than enough for your needs. IMO.  :wink:

....I agree  :happy2: I mention clutch packs because I suspect that mine might need replacing in the not too distant future as I've done 100,000 miles and there's slight 'slippage' when driving the box of tricks very hard. The additional torque of Stage 2+ would be more likely to shorten their life, so I'm advised by JKM.

In everyday road conditions, even when having fun making progress, my existing power and handling is plenty and delivers buckets of joy.  :happy2: