Make a donation

Author Topic: JKM Rolling Road June 18th  (Read 82997 times)

Offline Carrera2RS

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 6
Re: JKM Rolling Road June 18th
« Reply #465 on: June 19, 2011, 05:33:11 pm »
Great to meet a few more guys from the forum, thanks for the kind words about my car.

I have pretty much decided what to do with my car and engine tune. With stock Revo 2 on 6,5,9 it was sweet, seemed much crisper and quicker than it does now with the same map and the twintercooler. I will speak to REVO and TTRS for some thoughts, if I am not convinced that a remap, by REVO will sort if I am going to go back to exactly as it was before. This might be less powerful than the current set up (seems strong to 5,700 with over 300 lbft between 2,900 and 5,000) but simply ran sweeter and felt quicker.

If one trip brings the crisp responsive running back with inlet temp and better response in the hot weather great, if not then I have two options :

1. Go back to stock
2. Fit the THS intercooler

I like the idea of headroom and lower inlet temps, 300ish hp is more than enough for me and the chassis, so I am not tempted by 2+

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #466 on: June 19, 2011, 05:44:47 pm »
See, I just reckon the settings need tweaking, B6 seems low... My money is on upping boost and adjusting timing to suit... But that's from my limited knowledge and personal feelings... Hope you do get it sorted as the rest of the car is spot on... ;-)
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #467 on: June 19, 2011, 05:45:33 pm »
i admire your self control   :signLOL: im never quite happy and want more. I personally am unsure that will solve your problems. The twintercooler and ths both get good reviews so would be surprised if the difference between the them would be noticable. Like suggested maybe and intake would help and the settings adjusted on the timing which would give higher power towards the top of the rev range. Other than that have you have any logs done with vcds to check fuel, air temps etc?
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #468 on: June 19, 2011, 06:42:35 pm »
Hi Bacillus,
My car is actually an 06, the 55 is a personal plate  :smiley:
Was there that same problem with the 06 cars?
I know that Lee (Apollo13) has had VCDS on my car numerous times, but not found any faults whatsoever other than the ones not worth mentioning, like issues with my cruise control or GPS losing signal etc.....
I left my car at AMD for the whole of Tuesday to see if there were any issues with it (As JK911 is stage 2 as well with an AMD map and has pretty much the same bhp & torque as me), so I can pretty much be sure there are no problems hardware wise, as AMD said it's running fine??  :confused:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #469 on: June 19, 2011, 07:16:55 pm »
Great to meet a few more guys from the forum, thanks for the kind words about my car.

I have pretty much decided what to do with my car and engine tune. With stock Revo 2 on 6,5,9 it was sweet, seemed much crisper and quicker than it does now with the same map and the twintercooler. I will speak to REVO and TTRS for some thoughts, if I am not convinced that a remap, by REVO will sort if I am going to go back to exactly as it was before. This might be less powerful than the current set up (seems strong to 5,700 with over 300 lbft between 2,900 and 5,000) but simply ran sweeter and felt quicker.

If one trip brings the crisp responsive running back with inlet temp and better response in the hot weather great, if not then I have two options :

1. Go back to stock
2. Fit the THS intercooler

I like the idea of headroom and lower inlet temps, 300ish hp is more than enough for me and the chassis, so I am not tempted by 2+

carerra worth noting that the map on the Pirelli is not the same as the Ed30 and has some recoding, ours was hitting peak power around 5,600 but had more torque (not dyno'd it recently to compare), after some logging at Revo its set up as B6 T5 F9 on Stage 1, just has a plug and fuel filter change (due to having to have fuel tank and lines drained) and much better

Offline Carrera2RS

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #470 on: June 19, 2011, 08:03:52 pm »
Wigit, tks

I may go to REVO for them to have a look  :happy2:

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #471 on: June 19, 2011, 08:19:02 pm »
Adrian,
After reading everybody's threads I'm inclined to agree, I reckon you need to take the plunge and get a CAI  :party:
Go on, u know you want to  :signLOL:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #472 on: June 19, 2011, 08:30:28 pm »
The AFR on Jussa's car is pretty rich.

The AMD graph comparison is interesting, as the Yeti made something like 150 on AMD's rollers, yet it made 173 yesterday at JKM, with no changes made between runs.

:popcornsoda:

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #473 on: June 19, 2011, 08:32:59 pm »
OMG, the plot thickens...... :fighting: :fighting:
A F*&%&$kin yeti improves by 23bhp on JKM's rollers.....and I lose around 30.....maybe it nicked the horses from me  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Saint Steve

« Reply #474 on: June 19, 2011, 08:35:37 pm »
It did seem reading people's results and especially some that have run many times, got a near 10% higher then usual, also stock cars appeared to have been higher then normal bang on the money results.
Yet the skoda boys are happy.   ..  :innocent:
it's just a dyno lottery..

As Robin, and hedge have said, big numbers don't mean nothing, having a smooth and progressive torque curve is the ultimate to wish for, and it's more kind to the health of the car in general...... In terms of wear and tear.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 08:38:08 pm by Saint Steve »

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #475 on: June 19, 2011, 08:37:38 pm »
OMG, the plot thickens...... :fighting: :fighting:
A F*&%&$kin yeti improves by 23bhp on JKM's rollers.....and I lose around 30.....maybe it nicked the horses from me  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Maybe the dyno was not calibrated correctly that day. Didn't RR say there was an issue with his run?
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #476 on: June 19, 2011, 08:41:53 pm »
Guys,
Maybe the dyno wasn't calibrated correctly, but if thats the case then I'm even more doomed than ever as I got 30bhp less than expected, and everybody else got an extra 20bhp?????  That's a 50bhp swing, and I was the only person not happy out of the group with the results  :sick:

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #477 on: June 19, 2011, 08:42:31 pm »
The AFR on Jussa's car is pretty rich.

It's not that rich though!
In any case that won't be responsible for his low hp as the tfsi engine thrives on petrol, making a bit more hp as you richen the mixture.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #478 on: June 19, 2011, 08:43:42 pm »
EVEN WORSE to know that   :sick: :sick:

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #479 on: June 19, 2011, 08:44:19 pm »
His issue was down to dsg, the power was similar before and after...
Diesel Daily Hack.