Make a donation

Author Topic: Diverter Valve - Oil leak  (Read 2363 times)

Offline Lee01

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
Diverter Valve - Oil leak
« on: February 27, 2011, 09:58:41 pm »
Hi All,

I am hoping someone can help, I had my car MOT'd on Saturday and while on the ramp I took the opportunity to have a good look around.
On the side of the turbo, and what I think may be the Diverter Valve? There was a drop of oil, it's was resting on the bottom bolt.
I am not that sure on the set up, and the reason I think it's the Diverter Valve is it had a black plastic housing which looked to be about 1.2 - 2 inches and had a plug at the end.

Does anyone know what this could be, could it be the seal where the Diverter Valve bolts onto the turbo?

Any help would be very gratefully received.

Thanks
Lee

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: Diverter Valve - Oil leak
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 10:08:55 am »
Didnt have any oil around the bottom of the diverter when I removed mine but there certainly was oil on the diaphragm itself would be worth checking its securely bolted in place.  If oil is able to get out of it then boost certainly would.  But the oil could have come down from another location.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Lee01

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
Re: Diverter Valve - Oil leak
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 10:44:32 am »
Cheers Rich,

I think I will run into VW dubs and let them check it.

Just hope it's nothing serious!!