Make a donation

Author Topic: HPI Check - Beware !  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Thestig1973

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
HPI Check - Beware !
« on: March 08, 2011, 08:57:00 pm »
I bought an Edition 30 from a dealer in October 2009, the dealer supplied the car with a HPI certificate dated September 2009 and all was clear.

Last weekend i was getting a trade-in valuation at a dealers who did a HPI report, this showed my pride and joy was a Cat D write off in May 2009. 

Ive spoken to HPI who advised me the previous insurer registered the Cat D in November 2009.... 6 months after the write off, and one month after i bought it.

The dealer i purchased from advised me to speak to Trading Standards, as when he sold the vehicle it was HPI clear.

Trading Standards advised me that i cant sue HPI for inncorrect information as my legal contract is not with them.

Its the same story if the previous insurer is at fault for taking 6 months to register with HPI database, again my legal contract is not with them.

My last hope is to ask the finance company to assist or give them the car as technically they own it, although then i would loose the few thousand deposit and cash ive paid monthly for the last 17 months !

I find it difficult to beleive i seem to have no legal rights at all. I have no idea why the car was deemed Cat D and i can see no signs of accident damage, but its now worth a fraction of what i paid for it

GUTTED !!!

Offline Creatz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 15
  • The Noob
Re: HPI Check - Beware !
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 09:42:38 pm »
Incorrect !!!

They sold you are car with incorrect information and have a duty under the sales of good act to fully reinburst you
Because you bought a Car that was not HPI Clear,this should ultimately boil down to the finace company taking the car
off you and to give you a full refund for the price you paid.

Offline Creatz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • The Noob
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 09:49:45 pm »
Also the dealer maybe covered by HPI Check insurance.

http://www.hpicheck.com/furniture/guarantee.html

also threaten them with legal action,and the press,and speak to higher up in the
dealership,im sure they will sort something to stop you taring there name.

Always hpi your own car then your covered

Offline Thestig1973

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 09:59:53 pm »
If the finance company dont help i will be trying everything i can. i will find out if the dealer has the HPI check insurance....cheers Creatz

Offline Creatz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • The Noob
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 10:18:19 pm »
no problem mate,all the best i'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 10:19:58 pm »
The car was sold to the finance company by the garage, title was passed to them when the finance company paid for it. Your finance company would of HPI'd the car prior to paying out and entering into an agreement with you. The dealer has in effect sold the finance company a pup and I would pursue the finance company if I was you.

Offline Thestig1973

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 10:30:26 pm »
Cheers Dave
I have phoned and E-mailed the finance company today, will back it up with a recorded delivery letter

Thanks for your input guys