Make a donation

Author Topic: TDI Cat Back on a GTI?!  (Read 1180 times)

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
TDI Cat Back on a GTI?!
« on: March 08, 2011, 09:58:24 pm »
Could be a completely stupid question but does anyone know if the Milltek Non Resonated Cat Back from my TDI will fit onto my GTI?!

If it will I take it that it'll mate up with a Milltek Downpipe and Sports Cat for a GTI?!

Thanks in advance :happy2:

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: TDI Cat Back on a GTI?!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 05:59:57 pm »
Anyone?!

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 03:08:03 am »
It depends mate if the miltech is modded from a GTI at the manufacturers i.e does the TDI start out has a GTI fitment and they just put a reducer in? or is it specific to the TDI???

Would be worth speaking to Miltech mate and see if its possible.

Darren

Offline tonto83

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 08:10:02 am »
As I said to you in your last thread matt.  My Milltek cat back is a GTI cat back with the adapter pipe the tdi golf.  I presume to make it fit to a GTI you would just remove the adapter pipe, then bob's your auntie.

Maybe your's is an older cat back, so maybe check with Milltek to see if they have changed their design lately?

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 06:04:53 pm »
Cheers folks :happy2:

Sorry tonto, I think I must have misread what you said in the other thread hence the question in here.

I was going to call on the weekend (no signal at work) but i'll pop them an email across now.

Thanks again :happy2:

Matt