Make a donation

Author Topic: Recent detailing purchases and there effects  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Truckie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Formula Hot Laps
Recent detailing purchases and there effects
« on: March 09, 2011, 06:59:52 pm »
Got some 303 dressing the other day (and some other random gear) and as today was snowed off, got to bash it on,and a general engine bay tidy up. heres some pics. Will update with how long it lasts  :happy2:

Before pics

Afters

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:42:38 pm by Truckie »

Offline v2brett

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
Re: Recent detailing purchases and there effects
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:44:10 pm »
let me know how you get on with Duragloss and the Poor boys please mate  :happy2:
Still Here!

Offline Truckie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Formula Hot Laps
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 10:14:23 pm »
Can do that right now as ive used the duragloss before and I used the poorboys on my crash helmet as soon as i arrived at the circuit this morning!
Duragloss is mega stuff, goes on quite watery if you jsut spray it on, i apply to a m/f or tyre shine applicator then buff onto tyre or area of plastic. It has a slight rain repel so loses a little shine through a light shower but the tyre remains looking clean. Cannot rate this stuff highly enough, expecially as it has no sling. Im sure you will agree its a nightmare on candy white  :fighting:
So to conclude  :signLOL: Good value for money, No sling, Subtle clean look, not shiny or greasy. and can be used on plastic areas too.

Poorboys polish...... Very easy to work with, easy on easy off. A little thinner than other polishes ive used,Little or no cut, There are different suggestions of how to work it but i went for: Apply a thin coat over entire area, Let haze then buff to a nice shine. It has a little Carnauba in it so will give light protection, I applied a coat of Zymol Titanium as i had nothing better to do  :signLOL:
Conclusion: Easy to work with, Good shine, Will offer a little protection, Nice depth brought to the finish. On the pearl white areas its added a little warmth to the shine id say, although a little hard to tell as its on a small area. Ill report back once i use it on a car. It certainly has picked up the flake in the pearl white and has brought a good shine over all.  :happy2: from me!
Here are some pics....

Offline v2brett

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 12:02:08 am »
cheers fella  :happy2:   Duragloss is on my next shopping list then because of the no sling factor and poss some Poorboys too.  I must use some of my old products 1st though before my garage is just full of detailing gear and the car wont fit in  :signLOL:
Still Here!