Make a donation

Author Topic: Urgent advice needed-Insurance trying to scam me  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Homer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
Urgent advice needed-Insurance trying to scam me
« on: March 09, 2011, 10:03:58 pm »
Hi all, last year I wrote off an Astra and made my claim. The insurance company have still not paid out, when I call they keep saying that the car has outstanding finance on it and they are trying to have that removed. Things dont seem to be moving anywhere, is there anything I can do? I have had the car since 2007, how long does finance even remain on a car? Thanks for any help. I have just done my own HPI check on the car and it has come back with nothing outstanding!

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Re: Urgent advice needed-Insurance trying to scam me
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 11:20:15 pm »
The insurer will only pay you out for the pre accident value (PAV) of your car, so if, for example, your car was worth £3500.00 and there was £3k of finance they would settle the finance and you would get a cheque for £500.00. On the other hand if there is a shortfall and you have no GAP insurance you would have to settle shortfall with finance company.

did you purchase the vehicle on finance or do you think they are saying there is o/s finace on the vehicle from previous owner? Have you agreed the valuation placed on the car by their staff engineer?

Just get on the blower to the claims dept tomorrow and speak to the monkey who is dealing with your case and get some straight answers
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Homer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 11:59:16 pm »
Hi Berg, but what about the fact that the HPI check I did is showing as no finance on the car?

Ifti

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 12:46:55 pm »
If you took finance on the car, it needs to be paid back regardless.

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 11:52:10 pm »
Hi Berg, but what about the fact that the HPI check I did is showing as no finance on the car?

did you call them? if they say there is finance but your check says not something is wrong somewhere...

speak to a team leader not a chimp and you might get some sense (unless you are insured with aviva or zurich in which case you will probably get through to bangalore....)
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Homer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 05:51:49 pm »
funnily enough when I called and said I had done my own HPI check and found nothing a settlement offer was made the very same hour... :happy2: