Make a donation

Author Topic: Japan Quake  (Read 9770 times)

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Japan Quake
« on: March 11, 2011, 08:50:53 am »
For those who haven't seen the news this morning..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12709598  :surprised:

Latest reports suggest that the travelling Pacific Tsunami is higher than some Pacific Islands..  :surprised: I fear the news will get a lot worse over the next few hours..  :sad1
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 08:54:35 am by Sunglasses Ron »

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
Re: Japan Quake
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 09:22:31 am »
i know looks really bad!! have you seen the helicopter videos of the tsunami  :surprised: its just wiping everything out in its path.

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 09:42:56 am »
Scary stuff mate..  :scared: The oil refinery going up was pretty mental too, especially when each tank of LPG let go..  :surprised:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 09:45:19 am »
and they will blame it all on pollution

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 11:07:49 am »
That footage is shocking especially when you see people driving away with water hitting them

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 02:37:52 pm »
that was scary footage. 

Also there was a nuclear reactor in Japan that was on fire as well :scared: :scared:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 07:04:18 pm »
and they will blame it all on pollution

O doubt it lol

Offline damo666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 07:16:19 pm »
Just watching the news coverage :surprised:
Shocking stuff, seems the world is self destructing :scared:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 07:23:49 pm »
just as nostradamus predicted.   

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 07:31:42 pm »

Really ?, though he went on about a comet in 2012 ? (or should i say this is how people are adapting his words )
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 07:47:29 pm by 182_blue »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 07:33:27 pm »
A major disaster for human life but just a day in the life of planet earth. Enormous power with enormous consequences. Suffering beyond words for some and reminds us of how very lucky most of us are in this neck of the woods.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Verity

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 07:47:30 pm »
A major disaster for human life but just a day in the life of planet earth. Enormous power with enormous consequences. Suffering beyond words for some and reminds us of how very lucky most of us are in this neck of the woods.

So true

It really is a horrible sight watching those videos on the news. Very very scary. Those poor people.
It almost seems unreal. Like it's just a clip from a movie

Offline Jack Rabbit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Born on Beat
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 07:49:12 pm »
A blessing of sorts people weren't fast asleep in their beds

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 08:03:35 pm »

Really ?, though he went on about a comet in 2012 ?

Most of his predictions are cryptic and its the way they are interpreted that results in all these wild predictions.  However he did say that natural disasters would increase though 2010, 2011 and there would be an uprising in the middle east in 2011 in the countries surrounding Mesopotamia (iraq)

The mayan calender ends in 2012, where once every 25800 years  the planets and sun of our solar systems align with the centre of the milky way galaxy i believe.  Its the 'winter Solstice day' on 21st Dec 2012.  

Alot of people believe there will be cataclysmic events at this point.  This is because the moon will at its closest point to the earth whilst the gravitational effects of the sun and milky way will be at their peak.

People and many scientists believe the moons gravitational pull is responsible for earth quakes etc due to its gravitational pull.  For instance at the moment the moon is extremely close to the earth compared to normal. with today being its closest for a very long time, and we have just had this huge earth quake and tsunami.

Statisticians have found that when the moons orbit is inclined around the southern hemisphere there are more frequent earth quakes than when the moon is orbiting the northern hemisphere, and vice versa.

However you cant ignore the fact that Japan is also on the edge of 3 Teutonic plates (the Eurasian, Pacific and Philippine plates) and that geological shifts in the earths crusts cause earth quakes, volcanoes etc.

I'm a geek and love all this stuff :ashamed:

i don't really believe anything.  ultimately the Mayan Calender begins and ends at the alignment of the galaxy, so whilst it may end in 2012, people are speculating but have no idea what will happen.  Ultimately the Mayan Calender just restarts at  day 1,1year
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 08:05:37 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 08:11:08 pm »

So true

It really is a horrible sight watching those videos on the news. Very very scary. Those poor people.
It almost seems unreal. Like it's just a clip from a movie

Some horrific footage, and zero warning for the locals of the impendinig Tsunami.  They would have been fully aware of the earth quake, but the initial speed of the tsunami and with it only being 85miles out @ sea there would have been little time to get to high ground.  I suspect there is going to be an horrifically high fatality rate. 

My 2 sisters and father are  in new south wales, in australia, that are on alert for potential threat of tsunami.  although when it hit Hawaii the swell was only around 2meters so hopefully it will have dissipated by the time it hits australia. they are still not recovered from the floods