Make a donation

Author Topic: Steering Wheel not straight  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Andy_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Steering Wheel not straight
« on: March 12, 2011, 10:47:47 am »
After getting my refurbed wheels back Im having to steer slightly to the left to go straight. If I take the car to have its tracking/wheel alignment looked at will it cure this? The car tracked straight and true before taking them off for the refurb. Any help would be much appreciated!  :happy2:

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: Steering Wheel not straight
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 10:50:32 am »
Bit odd if they were correct beforehand. Are the wheels fitted correctly??
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 10:58:26 am »
Get the alignment done mate. I had the same prob, had my car in at audi and they never fixed it. Striaghten the wheel up and i was heading to the hedge. Had my new clutch fitted 2wks ago and the problem has been solved, feels great it was driving me mad. Really not 100% what cured it and i never asked but i'm guessing they realign everthing once finished. Stevie.

Offline Andy_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 11:03:34 am »
Thanks for that. The guys at S.E.M. who refurbed the wheels looked a bit confused too as it happened whilst having their spare wheels on. Maybe this has caused the problem. I just dont want to waste money getting the tracking done if its not going to cure the problem - its driving me mad too!!

Offline Andy_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 03:03:36 pm »
Just had the tracking done, £30 worse off and whilse the steering wheel is pointing in the right direction the cars pulling to left ever so slightly.  :surprised: I think it'll be going in again!