Make a donation

Author Topic: JackG's Ed30  (Read 40810 times)

Offline JackG

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
Re: JackG's Ed30
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2012, 10:52:07 pm »
Thanks guys  :drinking:

Mike there worth every penny, they haven't even broke in yet and the difference is night and day, when it's warm I think there be even better but I won't change my tyre choice for a while  :driver: thinking about some light wheels now to what differences they can make

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2012, 12:47:15 pm »
Thanks guys  :drinking:

Mike there worth every penny, they haven't even broke in yet and the difference is night and day, when it's warm I think there be even better but I won't change my tyre choice for a while  :driver: thinking about some light wheels now to what differences they can make

Light wheels are a must mate IMO. The TD Pro Race 1.2's I had on mine not only suited the Ed30, save 5kgs per corner too..

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2012, 11:49:50 am »
You fitted those lights yet mate  :happy2:

Offline JackG

• Thank You
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2012, 11:42:29 am »
Sorry for the delay  :ashamed: Got the new lights fitted, will clean the car later and get some pics up  :party:
I'm a bit stuck at the moment as I'm waiting to hear from revo about some new bolt on parts, I'm in two minds on weather to buy a nissan GTR or :sad1: hit the big 500 bhp with the golf  :sad1: golf will be far cheaper to run than a GTR and current climate it wouldn't be a great move! I was massively disappointed with the RS3 I tested so that's out of the question! 1M isn't my thing either, I'm hoping revo will bring me good news  :popcornsoda:

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2012, 12:09:36 pm »
Sorry for the delay  :ashamed: Got the new lights fitted, will clean the car later and get some pics up  :party:
I'm a bit stuck at the moment as I'm waiting to hear from revo about some new bolt on parts, I'm in two minds on weather to buy a nissan GTR or :sad1: hit the big 500 bhp with the golf  :sad1: golf will be far cheaper to run than a GTR and current climate it wouldn't be a great move! I was massively disappointed with the RS3 I tested so that's out of the question! 1M isn't my thing either, I'm hoping revo will bring me good news  :popcornsoda:

Looking forward to seeing my lights on your car  :party:

What was wrong with the RS3  :confused:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline jeynesey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
  • Mk5 GTi Edition 30
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2012, 12:19:44 pm »
Drove past yours the other day mate, was looking sweet  :smiley:

Offline JackG

• Thank You
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2012, 04:53:52 pm »
Thanks buddy :happy2:

RS3 was far to quiet, power was progressive and smooth but didn't impress me, my eddie felt like a gti when I got back in it, wasn't entertaining to drive,not exciting, I was expecting good things and don't get me wrong it wasn't bad but for over 40K I would pick a standard eddie or S3 anyday, TTRS is still the one to have out of the RS range exclude the RS6 tho and the R8  :driver:

Offline George

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2012, 05:09:31 pm »
Jack, you're at Stage 2+ and you still want more power? Are you fully using your current power right now?

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2012, 05:27:10 pm »
Thanks buddy :happy2:

RS3 was far to quiet, power was progressive and smooth but didn't impress me, my eddie felt like a gti when I got back in it, wasn't entertaining to drive,not exciting, I was expecting good things and don't get me wrong it wasn't bad but for over 40K I would pick a standard eddie or S3 anyday, TTRS is still the one to have out of the RS range exclude the RS6 tho and the R8  :driver:

What about the RS4?  :confused:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline JackG

• Thank You
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2012, 05:48:06 pm »
Forgot about the RS 4  :rolleye:

Yes I'm using the full power(not that much) and don't get be wrong a stage 2+ Eddie will put most cars in there place but I love the car to bits and want more than just bolt ons now for the odd 30/130 run  :party:

Offline George

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2012, 05:49:45 pm »
Strip it then  :happy2:

Have you uprated your suspension or brakes yet?

Offline JackG

• Thank You
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2012, 06:06:56 pm »
Strip it then  :happy2:

Have you uprated your suspension or brakes yet?
Love my interior too much :love: I do have plans for a :happy2: lighter interior tho
No, haven't uprated my brakes or suspension yet  :stupid:

Offline Black9

• Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2012, 06:17:32 pm »
If your after outright performance I'd get a GTR. Can't compare a Golf to it IMO. To get to 500bhp it would cost quite a bit & couldn't make the most of the power. Don't think it would be that reliable either. If it was me tho tho I'd get an 1M and tune that if i felt the urge.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 06:19:36 pm by Black9 »

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2012, 12:50:28 pm »
What he said ^^^  A BT Ed30 (compared to a S2+ ED30) would only be quicker once well into triple figures in real world driving. Big lag + FWD are never going to be fun IMO and by the time you do get traction you will be well over the national speed limit. Unless of course you run it on slicks permanently and it's bone dry..
TTRS would be my choice.. RS4 would be a step backwards in terms of performance unless you charge it and have DEEEEEEEEEEEEP pockets..

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2012, 01:04:43 pm »
Where are the at LED light pics  :popcornsoda: