Make a donation

Author Topic: 1.4TSI tuning results  (Read 26798 times)

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Re: 1.4TSI tuning results
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2011, 08:21:09 pm »
fair point,

but an intake will give gains of around 10hp commonly on pretty much all turbo powered cars.  Theres also plenty of before and after graphs from ITG and forge showing the actual gains their intakes gave on the 1.4TSI and thats without a map tweaks.  Then going off of the K03 TFSI stage 1/2 outputs id say 20hp gain is a reasonable with a turbo back exhaust and stage 2 map.

REVO reckon power is having to be really reined back due to the stock intercooler being unable to cope with the temps.  

Ignoring peak power figures if you consider the car in that clip is only stage 1 with a panel filter for power gains, it'll be substantially quicker with an intake, decat downpipe intercooler and stage 2 remap.

Also the stage 2 Dyno graph from AMD on post#1 is a watered down version of their final stage 2+ map as well.

REVO are making 3 stages of map.  stage 1(stock cars as always)  stage 2 (the one in the AMD dyno graph) which is for cars with a downpipe as an upgrade, and their doing a 2+ remap (not released yet) for cars with the full setup.  The guy whos car was ran on that dyno graph is heading back to revo soon for the update i believe.

From what i gather theres a pretty substantial difference in performance between the stage 1 and 2 maps, from the guys who are running it or tried it.

We'll soon see how they get on, loads of the cupra guys are about to get the full set up fitted.  just a hold up as miltek try and meet the demand for the exhausts.  it'll be intesting to see how the guy in the clips manages with stage 2.  Hes already matched the '360hp' REVO stage 2+ demo Leon (15th on the 1/4 mile league table) despite only having '225hp'

The Leon would monster the Ibiza on the road (once rolling) though mate..
Will be interesting to see what he gets with Stage 2, but just because he may get another 20-30 bhp, doesn't mean it'll drop half a second off his 1/4 mile time. I only took 3/10ths off with an extra 40-50bhp..  :surprised:  But gained 7mph terminal speed which is where the extra power is evident.
What ever it does get, it'll be impressive for a 1.4..  :congrats: Be interesting to see what a Stage 1 and Stage 2 car gets with full interior and standard rubber..

I would hazard a guess that a Stage 1 car will crack 0-100 in about 14 seconds dead, which is about bang on for a 190-200bhp/tonne car.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:24:58 pm by Sunglasses Ron »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2011, 08:39:51 pm »

God yeah.  Still if i was driving a 360hp car, id be mighty p!ssed off if a 1.4 car with stage 1 map kept up with me.  even more so if it was a skoda fabia  :grin: Id say up to 3 figures it'll be close, but once past there the cupra will drive away

I would hazard a guess that a Stage 1 car will crack 0-100 in about 14 seconds dead, which is about bang on for a 190-200bhp/tonne car.

a feature in the redline mag tested a stock ibiza and a stage 1 ibiza.  iirc the stock took 18seconds, and stage 1 took 13

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2011, 08:41:05 pm »
does that say TFSI on the back?  if so its a totally different engine to the 1.4TSI twincharger

Audi call the engine a TFSI, but it's still the same engine as the Polo/Ibiza/Fabia. It's just a company brand thing, like they call Haldex 'quattro' on some models.
Audi call the 2.0 petrol engine TFSI too despite it being the same engine as the mk6 GTI/Octy vRS/Leon FR FL

In short currently VW call all their turbo petrols TSI, Audi call theirs TFSI and SEAT and Skoda just do as they're told by Mother in Germany.... :smiley:

bloody crazy.  Skoda call it the TFSI in the octavia still in the brochures.  alot of dealers dont even realise its a TSI now.
Is yours the 185Hp TSI?

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2011, 08:49:20 pm »

God yeah.  Still if i was driving a 360hp car, id be mighty p!ssed off if a 1.4 car with stage 1 map kept up with me.  even more so if it was a skoda fabia  :grin: Id say up to 3 figures it'll be close, but once past there the cupra will drive away

a feature in the redline mag tested a stock ibiza and a stage 1 ibiza.  iirc the stock took 18seconds, and stage 1 took 13

I think the Stage 1 Ibiza is the same guy SY (ie the one in the video) as that was for Redline Mag.  Revo's Leon was timed at 12 secs 0-100 and DSG cars have been timed at 10.5 secs.
Get someone in a manual Stage 2+ car that does granny shifts and like you say, he'll have a 1.4 up his chuff till 3 figures..  :surprised: :signLOL: Can't beat a bit of DSG..  :wink:

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2011, 09:10:49 pm »
I here what your saying on the 1.4tsi but Revo's k1 didnt have an intake nor intercooler and was using toyo t1r tyres which as you put it sy, are the worst tyres youve ever used. Same goes for the Evo mag 0-100 test.

The ibiza was using r888 for the 1/4mile and also the 0-100 in redline. Some fair bit of weoght loss aswell

Owen lcr was using r888's and recorded on his vbox 4.9 to 60 and 10.3 to 100. Its on a thread in this forum somewhere.

Manual stage 2+ cars arnt that slow boys...... Only if im driving them :grin:

I like the 1.4tsi and im considering one as the leons replacement as lets be honest how often do you go over 100mph and for a quick dash traffic light gp the 1.4tsi are pretty much unbeatable, also pretty good in the twisties aswell.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:32:43 pm by RobH »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2011, 09:15:03 pm »
true, and being on the std intake id bet it wasnt running 360hp either.