Make a donation

Author Topic: Camera advice.....  (Read 971 times)

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
Camera advice.....
« on: March 18, 2011, 04:47:56 pm »
As the title states I'm after a compact camera. Believe it or not but I've never owned a camera and currently get by with taking pictures on my phone. Unfortunately I've got an iPhone so as you all know they don't take the best of pics!

I have a few criteria, must be a good all-rounder, compact and about the £100 Mark. Can anyone recommend any?

Thanks very much  :happy2:

Offline TonyZed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Camera advice.....
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 05:18:01 pm »
There are some bargains on Amazon. I usually go for Canon, Ixus if you want ultra compact, or try to stretch the pennies and get one with super zoom (Canon SX200i is great, 12 * optical zoom, and 4* digital zoom so making 48*zoom and you'll be amazed at the quality!)

Stick with a major brand for quality, preferably someone who knows how to make a lens.

TonyZ

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 05:26:29 pm »
Thanks bud  :happy2: who makes a good lens?? I know next to nothing about cameras! I will only use it rarely so don't need a super duper one.  :happy2:

Offline TonyZed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 11:48:58 pm »
Canon, Pentax, Olympus. They have been making cameras for donkeys years. I have been using Canon for over 30 years so I can recommend them happily.

http://www.cameras.co.uk/html/digital-camera-reviews.cfm

Check that site for reviews. Go into PC World, Comet, Currys etc to get a feel for size\pocket ability. Spend a bit more than you can afford, (or save a bit more first.)

You don't need to know anything, they will all have totally automatic settings, just point and shoot. :happy2:

TonyZ

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 11:18:46 am »
As above, the ixus range is good. I like the fuji finepix range but I think it's a little over your budget.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.