Make a donation

Author Topic: Favour please  (Read 4158 times)

Offline matsu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: Favour please
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 06:52:49 pm »
thanks mate
ill take a look and list what i have already and then perhaps you can bung them in order of preference or to bin them lol.
yep this is looking expensive already lol
thanks mate.
it will be over wkend tho.
cheers
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline matsu

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 07:40:05 pm »
ok here is the shopping list i just puurr-chased
DAS-6 Dual Action Polisher - Menzerna Kit-
1 x 250ml - Menzerna Power Gloss (S100) Cut 5.0 Gloss 1.0
1 x 250ml - Menzerna Power Finish (PO203S) Cut 3.5 Gloss 3.0
1 2 x Menzerna Compounding Pads (5")
2 x Menzerna Polishing Pads (5")
2 x Menzerna Finishing Pads (5")

x 250ml -Menzerna Super Finish (PO106FA) Cut 2.5 Gloss 5.0

CleanYourCar - Fluffier 24" x 16" Towels Pkg/2
3M 3434 Masking Tape
Width - 25mm
Isopropanol Alcohol (IPA) 500ml
Chemical Guys - Synthetic Quick Detailer
Dodo Juice - Purple Haze (30ml)
Stoner Tarminator
Ultimate Ultra-Plush Buffing Cloth 16" x 16"
Clay Magic Perfect Finish Kit (100g clay)

i also have at home some AG bits and lusso oro wax and also the FinishKare 1000P  and some poorboys swirl remover and odds and sods.
so i wash/clay.de-tar...........wash again.......

and over to stealth lol :drinking: :ashamed:
matsu
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:47:14 pm by matsu »

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 08:02:25 pm »
ok here is the shopping list i just puurr-chased

Nice list! :happy2:

Biggest help you could do is hang around on detailingworld. Use the search engine and search for your products - you'll see pics and how-tos of other people using them. I always go on to DW the night before I do any details. It helps focus my mind when I get up in the morning.

If you have a prerinse/snowfoam, start off with this. Otherwise, start off with 2BM wash and rinse.
I'd wash the wheels at this point too if you haven't already - wash, dry and seal. Can be clayed and polished before sealing.
Use the tarminator to remove tar spots.
Clay the car, rinse down and dry.
Tape up all of the bits where the polish could get caught, or where it could drag dirt out on to the panel. This means places like window seals, top of the windscreen, headlights and rear lights, badges etc
Mentally divide each panel into something like 12"x12" square. Quick spritz of QD on pad. Apply four pea sized spots of polish on the pad. Apply to car and start the machine on the lowest speed. First time you want to spread the polish over that region. Then you slowly work it up. That guide on DW is immense. Ideally you need to assess the paintwork regularly, but there's no reason why you can't start with say a finishing pad and super finish polish and just work that over the car. It'll give you a feel for how to use the polisher and it'll do minimal damage if anything.
Wipe down the panels with IPA to remove the residue. Remember to polish all of those bits you can't do with a pad like the front of the car.
Take off the tape and make sure there's no polish residue trapped anywhere. Now's a good time to do stuff like windows, trims etc.
Apply your glaze/LSP. LSP - you can use jetseal or lusso or purple haze, then buff.

Remember to take pics before and after to show us your handiwork.

Honestly matsu, it isn't horrendously difficult - you just need to give it a bash. You'll figure things out like making sure the cable is over your shoulder and not touching the paintwork, keeping the pad moist, how hard to press and how slowly to move the pad. There's videos on youtube too.

Remember,  there's loads of people on here who are into detailing and have the time and space to put the effort in. I'm just a beginner!  :signLOL:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline matsu

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 08:40:33 pm »
thats awesome and why i asked you, i think you have consistently been one of the most helpful and enthusiastic dudes on here and this thread confirms what i think!
cheers mate
i really appreciate all the input.
my sons clio wont know whats hit it next week lol.
then the GF's mk4 anni which is the real prob car-awful paintwork but it has done 110k.
and ill take some pics,mostly to embarrass myself but id#f it could help the next newbie numpty then ill be glad to do it!
big fanx stealth!
matsu

one last thing do i hand buff(ooo-er) the wax at end or evwentually can i machine buff it....but then will i need diff pads?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 08:42:32 pm by matsu »

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 09:13:20 pm »
I'd stick with hand buffing. You need a microfibre buffing bonnet to put on the pad, or a finishing pad that doesn't get used for anything else.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.