Make a donation

Author Topic: Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - fitted  (Read 8205 times)

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
Re: Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - fitted
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 04:58:09 pm »
Thanks for all the replies, so you wouldn't leave the part worn conti on? Is that because there would still be a 2mm difference in wear?
.........change it & either advertise it on here or ebay. :happy2:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Phil1980

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 10:56:34 pm »
Thanks for all the replies, so you wouldn't leave the part worn conti on? Is that because there would still be a 2mm difference in wear?
.........change it & either advertise it on here or ebay. :happy2:

If you do do this let me know because I could be interested in the conti sport contact 3.
BLACK, 3DR, GTI, XENONS, MONZA II's.

MPS

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 11:59:59 pm »
will do, just had another look at the Express Visual Check printout that VW did from when I had my MOT and it reports wear as follows- Inner wear: 5mm Middle: 6mm, Outer: 5mm. Dunno how this has occurred as I am very careful with checking my tyre pressures and topping up. Just wanted to be honest!

Another question, the steel valves fitted with Monza II's, can they be re-used when new tyres are fitted or not? If so, can I trust a regular tyre fitting place to do this properly as they are probably only accustomed to fitting rubber valves.

MPS

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 11:29:56 pm »
Anyone know if I can use the old valves? Also, what happens with the TPMS when you change the tyre? Sorry for being dumb. Why do VW have to make everything so complicated! ARRGH!!  :grin:

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 01:21:11 am »
Also, what happens with the TPMS when you change the tyre? Sorry for being dumb. Why do VW have to make everything so complicated! ARRGH!!  :grin:

When i got new tyre's fitted on my old 17" monza's i got a TPMS warning ligh come up on the dash, you simply need to press and hold the TPMS button, down by the traction control button, for a few seconds until you hear a bing then its reset for your new tyres  :happy2:

Dave

Offline Black9

• Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 11:06:39 am »
Vreds are great tyres, cheap at around £100 a corner too. Great grip and feedback. Prob the best choice for that size tyre.

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 09:58:11 pm »
I've clocked 600 miles on mine now and they definitely get the big thumbs up from me  :happy2:

Offline stevw1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 11:08:10 am »
Currently running a combination of Sessanta Ultrac and Wintrac's. Superb tyre hardly any road noise, good grip and hard wearing.  :happy2:

MPS

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 11:21:07 am »
So you don't get any funny stuff happening with the handling with mixing asymmetric and directional tyres?

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 11:26:23 pm »
I currently have the vreds on the front and dunlop sp sport maxx's on the rear. Not had any issues.

As mentioned already I would not recommend mixing tyres on the same axel. So either get a new conti or replace both with the vreds and sell the conti.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

MPS

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2011, 11:37:54 pm »
Thanks for your reply  :happy2:
I'm currently running Michelin PS3's on the front, both with 3mm tread left, so I'll probably swap these to the rear and put 2 new Sessantas on the front. Sound like a plan?