Make a donation

Author Topic: E30Dom's Edition 30  (Read 65874 times)

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
Re: E30Dom's Edition 30
« Reply #225 on: March 04, 2013, 04:09:23 pm »
Will be going APR if anything! :grin:

That's fine if you like leaving your car at Milton Keynes for months on end 'cos it's broken.  :laugh:

Haha maybe not then... Thought Revo would have done more... but I suppose without the car there they can;t do anything...

Off to a RR day at Regal this weekend... see what she puts out there!
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #226 on: March 04, 2013, 04:14:10 pm »
No unfortunately not... The I/C was added then it went stage 2+... I thought it felt stronger on stage 2 with the I/C added, may just be placebo...

Yeah, thought Stage2+ was supposed to give more, was certainly under that impression...

The AFR is flat at 12.4 on F8, reckon it would help to go F7 to bring it closer to 12.0 or as Leaner=faster keep it as it is...

Don't forget that Revo have revised all their K04 codes.

So were you on new Stage 2 before going 2+ or was it the old Stage 2 and you now have the revised 2+ code?

Go back to stage 2 if you think it was better. You're not the first person to dislike Stage 2+ and also see no big difference from Stage 2.

I had a back to back run, old stage 2 file then new stage 2 file. Lost ~7bhp with the new file.
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
« Reply #227 on: March 04, 2013, 04:31:29 pm »
No unfortunately not... The I/C was added then it went stage 2+... I thought it felt stronger on stage 2 with the I/C added, may just be placebo...

Yeah, thought Stage2+ was supposed to give more, was certainly under that impression...

The AFR is flat at 12.4 on F8, reckon it would help to go F7 to bring it closer to 12.0 or as Leaner=faster keep it as it is...

So were you on new Stage 2 before going 2+ or was it the old Stage 2 and you now have the revised 2+ code?

Go back to stage 2 if you think it was better. You're not the first person to dislike Stage 2+ and also see no big difference from Stage 2.

I had a back to back run, old stage 2 file then new stage 2 file. Lost ~7bhp with the new file.

Christ Mandy you'd almost be what I'm on stage 2+ on your stage 2 with the old file...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Saintsteve

« Reply #228 on: March 04, 2013, 06:46:12 pm »
Will be going APR if anything! :grin:

That's fine if you like leaving your car at Milton Keynes for months on end 'cos it's broken.  :laugh:

Haha maybe not then... Thought Revo would have done more... but I suppose without the car there they can;t do anything...

Off to a RR day at Regal this weekend... see what she puts out there!
Mine ran 25bhp over standard tune when I went there a few moons ago with Greeners. If you want inflated figures, your going to the right place..

Am I seeing a pattern that both you and Dawain are running the new "version" 2+ code... It's looking like it doesn't give the output the old code gave??  :confused:

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #229 on: March 04, 2013, 07:43:17 pm »
7bhp / 4 lb ft gain on mine. Stock IC vs Stock IC + Force TC

:happy2:

That must be a new one Lee?!  :signLOL:

TC = TwinterCooler Mandy  :wink:

I meant the 'Force' part lol. :grin:

Ooooops  :signLOL:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #230 on: March 04, 2013, 07:44:30 pm »

I heard a rumour that Superchips map writers have moved to Revo  - wonder if that's why??

@Mandy - didn't yours used to make 316bhp with OEM HPFP?
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #231 on: March 04, 2013, 07:53:12 pm »
Superchips map man went to Revo years ago. That's why Revo now do Ford and Superchips are struggling.  :smiley:

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
« Reply #232 on: March 04, 2013, 08:04:54 pm »
He should come back for a foreinger, and sort out the low torque figures of the Superchip maps :jumpmove:

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #233 on: March 04, 2013, 09:11:57 pm »

I couldn't remember, just had to look back at my graphs lol... It made 313bhp with OEM pump, then months later made 319bhp with APR pump. Revised to the newer map the same day and made 312.8bhp.

I think people's 'lower than expected' figures may have something to do with the newer revised sedated Revo maps. Seems like a few of us may be comparing the older more aggressive maps to the newer more sedated ones. :smiley:

Graeme, do you think your figures seem about right for your stock car?

(Sorry for clogging up your thread Dom)
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #234 on: March 04, 2013, 09:36:30 pm »

I couldn't remember, just had to look back at my graphs lol... It made 313bhp with OEM pump, then months later made 319bhp with APR pump. Revised to the newer map the same day and made 312.8bhp.

I think people's 'lower than expected' figures may have something to do with the newer revised sedated Revo maps. Seems like a few of us may be comparing the older more aggressive maps to the newer more sedated ones. :smiley:

Graeme, do you think your figures seem about right for your stock car?

(Sorry for clogging up your thread Dom)

Yeah I think your right - I'm sure Dom can relate to this too?

Yeah my car feels every bit 172.5bhp, one thing I've realised is the Rocco makes the same torque on JKM's as my GTI did on JKM's at Stage one  :surprised:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
« Reply #235 on: March 04, 2013, 09:39:45 pm »
Mandy, no worries... I appreciate everyone's input...

I'm aware Regal are probably going to over read, but gonna give something to gauge... Maybe can take an average lol...

VAS Works were very surprised by the result, they think its alot stronger than the results gave...

A clever man said to me today, ignore the dyno results...

I have a whole host of suspension goodies going on that with the power this car has is gonna make a superb all round package...

Would be interested in other people's stage 2+ maybe I should post on all relevant forums...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #236 on: March 04, 2013, 10:06:05 pm »
Wanna join me at SRR Dom for another independent check?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #237 on: March 04, 2013, 10:13:14 pm »

I have a whole host of suspension goodies going on that with the power this car has is gonna make a superb all round package...

....That "superb all round package" is what makes every mile a real joy to drive  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
« Reply #238 on: March 04, 2013, 10:28:42 pm »
Wanna join me at SRR Dom for another independent check?

When you thinking? Doubt I'd be able to do anything till April...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #239 on: March 04, 2013, 10:36:24 pm »
mine made 361bhp after the new file was put on but they found a boost leak at the same time, so wonder what it would have read on the old file with the boost leak sorted
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1