Make a donation

Author Topic: Shark performance stage 3 vcds logs - your thoughts?  (Read 13601 times)

Offline heavyd

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
Shark performance stage 3 vcds logs - your thoughts?
« on: April 17, 2011, 09:26:54 am »
Hello folks, I just moved from a pdt stage 2 to shark performance stage 3. It is better than the stage 2 map, but not up there with the Revo.
I did some data loggng, and the timing pull is better than the other maps that I had at this level, but the rail pressure is lower, and the requested boost is only the same level of bluefin, but less than Revo. I know that shark prefer to do safer maps, and I asked them the reason for the lower fuel pressure, and was told that it makes no diference. I also put their stage 1 map on to try, and must admit its a nice map, if anyone is thinking about getting a remap!
What is peoples views on the logs?
Thanks in advance for any info :happy2:

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: Shark performance stage 3 vcds logs - your thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 10:14:58 am »
Would have liked to see AFR too.
Looks ok but I would have prefered more boost low down as thats when you use it for every day driving. Practically no timing pull which is good and fuel pressure stays close to requested.
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

B8.5 Audi S4 with uprated pulley and unicorn Stage 2

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 10:33:48 am »
This was an alledged tweaked map I got this morning. looks the same, but I loggged the AFR with this one

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 10:56:27 am »
Sometimes too much boost low down will only result in wheelspin and actually make you slower through going nowhere.  But everyone likes their car to drive differently as we all have different preferences.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 11:35:02 am »
Sometimes too much boost low down will only result in wheelspin and actually make you slower through going nowhere.  But everyone likes their car to drive differently as we all have different preferences.
Like you say everyone's different but the previous map was tame low down. The new one looks a lot better IMO with just a tad of timing pull but not bad at all, Maybe a little lean at low rpm but not bad  :happy2:
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

B8.5 Audi S4 with uprated pulley and unicorn Stage 2

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 05:17:03 pm »
I had a good drive about today, the car is rapid, even compared to what it was with teh stage 2 map. Will be interesting to see how it fairs at next months RR day at rs tuning :happy2:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 06:55:11 pm »
I think your car's had more maps than Ordnance Survey.  :signLOL:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 07:15:42 pm »
Sometimes too much boost low down will only result in wheelspin and actually make you slower through going nowhere.  But everyone likes their car to drive differently as we all have different preferences.

thats a fair point, when i had my vRS mapped i asked for more low down grunt and was told he could if i really wanted it, but it'd be wasted in wheel spin especially in the wet.  

I had a good drive about today, the car is rapid, even compared to what it was with teh stage 2 map. Will be interesting to see how it fairs at next months RR day at rs tuning :happy2:

Hows it feel to the Bluefin/REVO stage 2+.

I think your car's had more maps than Ordnance Survey.  :signLOL:
 :grin:

@HeavyD

it might be a slightly tamed down map as its been mailed, another option could be to go to his HQ at some point and let him map it in person.   We spent a few hours logging and adjusting my vRS until i was happy.  Im booked in for the whole afternoon on wednesday with him for my fabia as well
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:34:52 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 07:32:59 pm »
I think your car's had more maps than Ordnance Survey.  :signLOL:
Some people like buying new alloy wheel, my fetish is remaps :jumpmove: :popcornsoda:

After todays play  about, I would say better than bluefin definetly, very close to revo, bearing in mind when I had REVO, the road conditions were bad, and most of the time all I got was wheelspin, so who knows.
Think I might need a WALK kit and some engine mounts, as trying to get power down in low gears can be hard :stupid:

Like I said before, I put the stage 1 map on aswell before I went to stage 3, and that was impressive aswell. 

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 07:34:06 pm »
Just out of curiosity what made you change from the PDT Map to Shark?

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 07:36:55 pm »
so thats a bargain, you have 2 maps for the price of one there :party: :party:

Even if its slightly less powerful than REVO, if the delivery allows it to be more tractable then i think its better.  Also bear in mind you REVO caused you no end of EMLs.

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 07:40:49 pm »
PDT was only stage 2. I had sold my autotech internals when I had that installed
I then bought an APR HPFP afterwards, and was waiting for PDT to develop a stage 3, which never materialised, so joined a group buy and got a good deal on the shark performance remap

so thats a bargain, you have 2 maps for the price of one there :party: :party:

Even if its slightly less powerful than REVO, if the delivery allows it to be more tractable then i think its better.  Also bear in mind you REVO caused you no end of EMLs.

Make that 5 remaps, shark stage 1, stage 3, custom stage 3, PDTuning stage 2, and a stock map, all at my disposal on my desktop pc :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda:
I would have stayed with REVO if it hadnt had issues with my car. I wasnt prepared to keep on replacing parts until one actually got rid of the engine light. I know BDM Alex had changed allsorts on an S3 with the same fault, and he never got to teh bottom of the problem, and I didnt want to go down that route

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 07:43:16 pm »
I had the same, shark stage1, 2 and 3, with stock and bluefin stage 2+, and an Imobilser map

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 07:50:56 pm »
Forgot about the immobilized, make it 6 maps :happy2:
The sts also works as a fault code reader aswell, which is an added bonus

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 08:01:21 pm »
me personally i think stage 1 and 2 are fine to be done via a handset like bluefin or the STS, thats obviously helped further with the end user being able to log his car and ask for adjustments if required.  I think stage 3 ideally should be done at the HQ as its the absolute max the engine will go.

That said Timmyboys vRS made v.good figures off his shark stage 3 map on JKMs rollers and that was done via the STS and not shark HQ, so maybe its just me lol.

HeavyD have you logged your MAF?

If you log your MAF and then graph it in Excel charts.  You need to Divide the MAF figures by 0.8 with the results in a separate column.  use the X-Y scatter graph, put the RPM on the X axis, and the MAF/0.8  on the Y axis. this should be a rough guide of the output.

I did this with the shark stage 1 and it was pretty accurate when compared to the rolling road,